NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1st Honorable Mention

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McAllister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st Honorable Mention
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:50pm
Dagger. Ugh. To make it worse, I am also doing the whole Dryuary thing. 
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:09am
Ouch, commiserations. But hopefully once you're over the initial disappointment you'll be able to reflect that 11th out of 50 is really not bad at all.
charleslafollette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charleslafollette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:26am
where are they posted???

Charles Lafollette
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 5:49am
McAllister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote McAllister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 8:31am
Originally posted by theinquisitor theinquisitor wrote:

Ouch, commiserations. But hopefully once you're over the initial disappointment you'll be able to reflect that 11th out of 50 is really not bad at all.

You are very kind and this does actually help. I fell asleep last night wondering how many writers were in each group this time. Good luck if you are moving forward and I hope you have a great weekend if not!
nod1v1ng View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nod1v1ng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:13am

First HM is always a mixed feeling. That sting of being thiiiiiissss close is always a hard pill to swallow. Still, 11 out of 50 is something to be proud of and micro is a really hard beast! Pat yourself on the back for doing something well!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:34am
I too have had that one off placing, and it is tough, but still, outa all those writers it is an accomplishment all in its own.
JustinW View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2021 at 11:46am
I feel that. I got an HM with 14th place. Am disappointed and proud at the same time. Here we go short story comp!!
SSC R1 - The Ungrateful One
SC'21 R1 - Hot Dog Soup
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 11:43am

Wait, there were 50 in each group? I thought it was like 25, similar the the 1000 word one....
theinquisitor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theinquisitor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2021 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by Frefallr Frefallr wrote:

Wait, there were 50 in each group? I thought it was like 25, similar the the 1000 word one....

In the rules it says 'a maximum of 50', out of interest I counted up a couple of groups and they were around 47-48. If my maths is right it's groups of 40 in round 2, but only 5 go through. 
 Post Reply Post Reply