NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Micro Fiction Results

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Micro Fiction Results
    Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:17pm
Are Micro Fiction results out tonight at midnight? I'm losing track of the contest result days with overlapping contests. tia!
G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 4:20pm
The 250 results are out tomorrow at midnight or around 5am (Thursday) my time zone.

Edited by Nimhathuna - 12 Jan 2021 at 4:20pm
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:02pm
I'm pretty sure I won. Not just my group for the round, but like, the whole thing. The judges will be all like "This story was so amazing, let's not even bother with the rest of the contest and just give her all top ten spots."

This year I've decided to opt for bizarre overconfidence instead of my usual imposter syndrome tendencies. It'll be like boarding a plane for vacation from my own neuroses, head filled with excitement at all the new places I'll go, not realizing that the plane is going to crash into the ocean along the way because, really, do I even deserve a vacation given how...

...huh, that didn't last long.

Edited by kristina_f - 12 Jan 2021 at 5:03pm
FFC2 GR68: the astronomer
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by kristina_f kristina_f wrote:

I'm pretty sure I won. Not just my group for the round, but like, the whole thing. The judges will be all like "This story was so amazing, let's not even bother with the rest of the contest and just give her all top ten spots."

This year I've decided to opt for bizarre overconfidence instead of my usual imposter syndrome tendencies. It'll be like boarding a plane for vacation from my own neuroses, head filled with excitement at all the new places I'll go, not realizing that the plane is going to crash into the ocean along the way because, really, do I even deserve a vacation given how...

Let us know when they make that official. way to go!LOL

G81 SS The Momento
Micro250 The Younger Man HM
R2 G10 Rhyming The Substitute HM
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:36pm

I'm pretty sure I won...

You can't have because I did! Wink  Your response cracked me up. A laugh is always good. Cheers for that!

Edited by Nimhathuna - 12 Jan 2021 at 6:37pm
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm
They come out this week? I forgot all about it. I am lost in time space. And then Short Story next weekend? 

Edited by sgspeed - 12 Jan 2021 at 6:44pm
MF250 The Mother
250 MF RD.2 Hush Little Baby
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:47pm
@sgspeed Yes, they do. Then, as you say, Short Story. My first time entering both. I think we're all in a time loop.

Edited by Nimhathuna - 12 Jan 2021 at 6:47pm
kristina_f View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kristina_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 6:53pm
I was wary about doing both when they are so close together. That's potentially another competition this weekend and another next weekend. But then I realized we're given a full week for the first round of short story submission. With the inevitable six and a half days of procrastination, they're pretty much two weeks apart.
FFC2 GR68: the astronomer
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2021 at 10:55pm

Hahaha! Hope it's a sweep! Then I could shrug and say, well, Hell, what could I have done?
Frefallr View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frefallr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:44am

I was wary about doing both when they are so close together. That's potentially another competition this weekend and another next weekend. But then I realized we're given a full week for the first round of short story submission. With the inevitable six and a half days of procrastination, they're pretty much two weeks apart.
Oh my God. I love the way you think.. I'm not alone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>