NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash Fiction Beta Readers 2020?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flash Fiction Beta Readers 2020?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 11:52pm
Hi All,

Please advise on whether there is a Flash Fiction Beta Readers Spreadsheet (2020). I found a link to a 2019 spreadsheet. Is this the current one? If so, what's the procedure re: the same? Do we just add our name to the existing one? Do we email proposed readers directly?

I did not realise that there were so many offshoots to this question.Smile

Thanks in advance for any information.

All best, Mary.
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 5:45am
Yes there was/is one. I just bumped it up to page one of the "Creative Writing Corner" for you.

Or find it here:

Edited by Suave - 26 Jul 2020 at 5:47am
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Yes there was/is one. I just bumped it up to page one of the "Creative Writing Corner" for you.

Or find it here:

Hi Suave,

Thanks for the heads-up. Sorted!Smile

All best,

Mary.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 10:48am
Have you listed your story on the forum? That is the best way to get feedback at this point! The beta spreadsheet is used during the actual writing of the story, not after! :)
#amrevising
Nimhathuna View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nimhathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2020 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Have you listed your story on the forum? That is the best way to get feedback at this point! The beta spreadsheet is used during the actual writing of the story, not after! :)

Hi steph9289,

Thanks for the information. I listed my story on the forum after I'd submitted. I've gotten a lot of feedback, including the recommendation that I should think about getting beta readers for future reference. I've added my name to the 2020 list. I wasn't aware that you could get others to read it prior to submission. Newbie wobbles. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to use/avail of it next month within the 48hr timeframe. Thanks again. All best.
 Post Reply Post Reply