NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREENPLAY '20 R3 TITLES & LOGLINES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GregSisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 9:51am
Despite being a 24-hour time limit, I'm not sure I've put this much time into any script I've done for this competition. I was awake for the whole 24 hours and spent almost all of it writing and rewriting.

Reprise
Sixty-five years after the disappearance of his fiancée,
the cynical owner of a piano bar gets the closure he never expected.

It's a ton of genres at once -- romance, drama, mystery, adventure, thriller, fantasy, tragedy, ghost story... But I guess if I had to boil it down to one, I'd say romance.

Edited by GregSisco - 19 Jul 2020 at 1:19pm
The Fnord View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fnord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 11:52am
Not too sure about Genre. We filled in Thriller, Drama on the form but there's at least one scene that everyone agrees is Horror. So...Drillor?

A Break in Routine
A former Air Force instructor has become defined by his habits.
As he loses his routine, he begins to lose himself.
mlin4 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mlin4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:01pm
The Mascot Academy

LOGLINE: 
A gladiator, a crocodile, and an egg must withstand the intense pressure of the world's
most prestigious school for mascots. All bets are off on who cracks first.

Genre: Comedy/Drama

Edited by mlin4 - 19 Jul 2020 at 12:02pm
pvrising View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pvrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 12:18pm

This was my first time trying a NYC Midnight comp, I had a blast. Yesterday was intense. Good luck to everyone, look forward to reading your entries.

A G A M E M N O N

When a priceless parrot vanishes from an exotic animal show, the trainer suspects his employees.

Genre: Mystery - comedy

Edited by pvrising - 19 Jul 2020 at 12:18pm
MMWinters View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMWinters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 2:04pm
Sparks Flying

A witch trains her young apprentice to catch and deliver sparks of creativity. When sparks start disappearing, will the witches be able to dispel troublesome figments of imagination?

Genre: Fantasy

I’ve been watching a lot of Studio Ghibli films lately and I think it influenced me haha. This is my second time in the comp, first time in the finals!

Edited by MMWinters - 19 Jul 2020 at 2:06pm
rabryant12 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rabryant12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 4:57pm
OH SH*T!

A father, exhausted from parenting a toddler in quarantine, must reckon with the crisis of potty training his daughter after the last roll of toilet paper "mysteriously" disappears. 

Genre: Comedy

Edited by rabryant12 - 19 Jul 2020 at 5:01pm
cub3dworld View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cub3dworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2020 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by rabryant12 rabryant12 wrote:

OH SH*T!

A father, exhausted from parenting a toddler in quarantine, must reckon with the crisis of potty training his daughter after the last roll of toilet paper "mysteriously" disappears. 

Genre: Comedy

As a dad parenting a toddler during lock-down, I endorse this.
SWC 20 R3, Off Trail
SuperKarateMonkey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperKarateMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 9:40am
Hope Is the Feathered Thing

A frantic mother scours the house for her son's beloved toy--a plush stand-in for the loss of something more.

Genre: Drama
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 12:25pm
Master List is UP!! Please do not post your scripts until you receive official confirmation :)
#amrevising
thisjustin417 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thisjustin417 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2020 at 5:40pm
INTO THE LAKE 

An old man patiently waits for his sister to fulfill a childhood promise.

Genre: Drama
Screenwriting '23, R3:Dead Man's Float
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>