FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good Luck Flash Fiction Writers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Luck Flash Fiction Writers
    Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 5:57am
In mine too!
azhcanedition View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azhcanedition Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2020 at 2:07am
I was almost concerned I wouldn't have anyone in my heat, but then a few others finally popped up.  

FF20 CH1 GR118Collective Thoughts
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 7:23pm
This is the first time I've never had any heatmates on the forum! Hopefully some will show up, bummer. 
amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Originally posted by BuryBadBooks BuryBadBooks wrote:

I'm indeed excited to see how differently a group of 30 people took the same 3 words and crafted their stories. 

I think we need some sort of drinking game. If anyone matches something in their piece, take a shot! Either everyone gets wasted or we stay bone dry sober. Fun times ahead. 

It is indeed interesting--but a caveat, that not every participant will post their story. Some just don't want to, and some don't know that they can. It can't be forced.

You might end up with only one or two fellow heat-mates posting their stories.

Can confirm, my group for challenge one last year left me hanging for sure.  Only two of us posted our challenge 1 round 1, and I  was The only who posted my challenge 1 round 2.   Sad times.

But then challenge 2 (Or I guess challenge three?) like 7 people posted and that’s was awesome. Haha
BuryBadBooks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuryBadBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

Like I said...either drunk af or bone dry sober. Wink
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:30pm

I'm indeed excited to see how differently a group of 30 people took the same 3 words and crafted their stories. 

I think we need some sort of drinking game. If anyone matches something in their piece, take a shot! Either everyone gets wasted or we stay bone dry sober. Fun times ahead. 

It is indeed interesting--but a caveat, that not every participant will post their story. Some just don't want to, and some don't know that they can. It can't be forced.

Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:14pm

Oh my gosh, I love that idea!! Beer
BuryBadBooks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuryBadBooks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:11pm

Zounds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Zounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 11:08pm
I'm relatively new. I had to ask questions the first time. Probably the best thing to do is look at a master list from last year. Click through to a couple of the stories:

fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by nikolaki nikolaki wrote:

Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

Yes, definitely post your story and put a link to your forum in your signature. Around 20-24 hours from now, when we get our emails and the Flash Fiction 2020 subforum appears. The signature can be fiddly, the first couple of times, so it's well worth spending 10 minutes reading this https://forums.nycmidnight.com/this-is-for-all-you-new-people_topic12975.html#364066 

Newbie question - hopefully not too dumb - do we post the link to our post in the 2020 forums or to the Google document suggested for other to read the story? Assuming it would be the former and that helps other readers in the competition, if we review them, easily find our story? 

You create a forum - your own within the Flash 2020 subforum when it opens. So you'll click into the Flash 2020 subforum, which will appear probably above the Micro100 one, and then you'll click on Add a topic. The name of your topic will be your group number and story title (you'll see what others do - copy that).
In YOUR forum, you post a link to a google doc of your story (switch to view only). Then in your signature and on the 'Request to be added to the Masterlist forum', which will also appear tomorrow, post a link to your forum (with your group number), NOT to the Google doc. 
In your signature, using Tinyurl or similar to shrink the link to your forum is best. I also always convert to pdf and check that no-one can edit or add comments. Just in case.

I'm off to sleep now - it's nearly 4am, somehow... but I really recommend spending the first ten minutes after it all opens tomorrow just watching, having a look at others' forums and asking. I started two years ago, and was quite intimidated to start with, but everyone's so helpful, you'll be fine. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>