FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREENPLAY '20 R2 TITLES & LOGLINES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Birdie Num Num View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Num Num Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCREENPLAY '20 R2 TITLES & LOGLINES
    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 4:11am
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

This is completely random but I saw your forum name and thought it was hilarious. Now when I go feed my chickens, I always call out "Birdie Num Nums!" and they wake up. 

Also I wrote too much this weekend so sorry if this sounds crazy. 

I supposed I should read your screenplay now that I made this bizarro comment LOL. Good luck in a few days when the results come out!

-Alex

Just thought I'd say thanks, I got the username from The Party starring Peter Sellers. In the film, he feeds a bird by throwing seeds at it, saying Birdie Num Num. So in a way, you are using it correctly lol.
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2020 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Birdie Num Num Birdie Num Num wrote:

Originally posted by adereynolds adereynolds wrote:

Looking forward to reading all these, especially those in my heat! 

I've never had fantasy in any NYC Midnight competition and really wasn't sure what to go with. In the end it was a lot more fun to write and I had more ideas than the previous round (spy!). That said, with a few hours left I had 14 pages rather than 8, so it may have lost something in the heavy edit!

Round 1 was my first screenplay and I wasn't that happy with it, but it got through. This round I quite liked mine, so it probably won't! Delighted to make it to round 2 anyway though. 

Heat: Fantasy/Buying a home/an Arborist

HORNBEAM

Seeking a fresh start and a new home with her husband, Hazel
finds herself plunged back into a world she'd long forgotten.

Hello fellow heat mate,

Just wondering if you have you posted your script on the forum yet?

I've put mine up, along with 3 others in our heat.

This is completely random but I saw your forum name and thought it was hilarious. Now when I go feed my chickens, I always call out "Birdie Num Nums!" and they wake up. 

Also I wrote too much this weekend so sorry if this sounds crazy. 

I supposed I should read your screenplay now that I made this bizarro comment LOL. Good luck in a few days when the results come out!

-Alex
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
Birdie Num Num View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Birdie Num Num Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by adereynolds adereynolds wrote:

I've never had fantasy in any NYC Midnight competition and really wasn't sure what to go with. In the end it was a lot more fun to write and I had more ideas than the previous round (spy!). That said, with a few hours left I had 14 pages rather than 8, so it may have lost something in the heavy edit!

Round 1 was my first screenplay and I wasn't that happy with it, but it got through. This round I quite liked mine, so it probably won't! Delighted to make it to round 2 anyway though. 

HORNBEAM

Hello fellow heat mate,

Just wondering if you have you posted your script on the forum yet?

I've put mine up, along with 3 others in our heat.

adereynolds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adereynolds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2020 at 1:42pm

HORNBEAM

II93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote II93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 12:27pm

After a business trip goes desperately awry a CEO finds himself adrift on the Amazon. Caught in the clutches of hallucination and fearing he is being stalked by an ancient Incan tribe. 

Heat 3 - Action/Adventure - Hiding from someone - A CEO

Rae View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 3:38pm
Horror / A Caretaker / A Birthday Party

Strike Through The Heart

When a garden caretaker who sees the world in monochrome is tasked with keeping his love's daughter safe, he is hunted by mysterious arrows that fire colour everywhere he goes.
E Myers View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E Myers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:52pm

Genre: Comedy

Character: Dog Walker

Subject: A Lottery

(Note: I had to try to make some kinda humor out of this mess we've gotten ourselves into.)

MODERN RELIGION

In the midst of a pandemic, an exuberant priest and a jaded dog walker form an unusual bond to try and turn a bad dog into a good one. 

Here is my C2 Script TheCopyist
rock raven View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rock raven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 9:31am
HEAT:7 Fairy Tale / A secret / A thief

The Good Dragons of Gaggledean

A distressed mother elf calms her child with a bedtime story in hopes of distracting him from the evil that rages outside their door.
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2020 at 1:04am
Originally posted by jalex77 jalex77 wrote:

Manifestly! We're heatmates! Looking forward to reading this!

Me too, yours looks amazing!! Lots of Group 11 horror on the board this round!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
Leakyfaucet View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leakyfaucet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Birdie Num Num Birdie Num Num wrote:

Group 12: Fantasy / Buying a Home / An Arborist

Hanna the Artist

While looking for a new home, a curious girl discovers that a Dryad isn't the only magical creature in the forest.

I've never written fantasy, so we shall see.

Good luck to everyone.

Yay! Another heat mate! Can't wait to read!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>