NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cookies and authorizations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohawk742 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cookies and authorizations
    Posted: 22 May 2020 at 1:53pm
Well I just hit a new one. When I posted my review of a story, I got a yellow dialogue box that said I did not have permission to post there, and then it said to check cookies and something else. This is the third time I got this action, and when I went back to my comment box, it was empty. So far, all was as before, so I went to the story, but this time, my comments weren't anywhere to be found, unlike the last two times, when, despite the dialogue box and the empty comment box, my comments WERE posted.
RC Larlham

Two Horse Caper
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 8:48am
We apologize for the delay responding and for any issues on the forum!  If you are still having issues, please email us any screenshots of the issue you are seeing to feedback@nycmidnight.com so that we can look into it further.  Thank you and sorry again!
--
Next up is the 100-word Microfiction Challenge 2024 kicking off April 19th
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 9:42am
I learned a LONG time ago to always CTRL-A and CTRL-C before hitting "Post Reply" to avoid losing comments!
#amrevising
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2020 at 10:59am
PLUS ONE ON WHAT STEPH SAYS!

It's a system designed to prevent spam -- you can't post twice in a row without a time between the posts, for one. So wait about a minute between posts.

BUT ALSO like Steph says--CTRL+A, CTRL+C before you post. Every time. Because sometimes it still is wonky.

It's not your fault, and it's in place because we used to regularly get overrun with spam by bad actors.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Zounds View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zounds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 4:40am
Glad to have seen this.  Unfortunately I lost two reviews I had spent some time on.  Once, I thought it was a fluke, but then I did it again. 

Post Reply Post Reply