NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help with Link #2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKFralin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with Link #2
    Posted: 15 May 2020 at 9:54pm
Whatever I had almost right before, I've messed it all up now. I can't seem to code correctly to create a link back to my own entry at the bottom of comments. I don't know if I've let myself get too frustrated, but it's not working. 

Thanks and sorry for the whiny tone to my note. 
GKFralin
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 12:51am
Originally posted by GKFralin GKFralin wrote:

Whatever I had almost right before, I've messed it all up now. I can't seem to code correctly to create a link back to my own entry at the bottom of comments. I don't know if I've let myself get too frustrated, but it's not working. 

Thanks and sorry for the whiny tone to my note. 
GKFralin

What is the actual link you're trying to use? the one you posted doesn't seem to have a working domain -- http://www.thesinkofinvisibleink.com/ doesn't seem to exist.

[ URL="https://domain.com/path/page.html"]My text to display[/URL] should work. (Famous words of every programmer) Remove the space after the "[".

I am not sure why the URL itself isn't working, though.

PM me your desired location for your link and I'll send you back the working code.

It's baffling sometimes because it looks easy. And yet--the software is like the betrayal of a trusted friend at times.

Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

GKFralin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKFralin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 2:17am
I give. No space after or   copy and pasted url from address bar. Totally baffled. I hope the score doesn't have anything to do with contest placement. According to entry it doesn't. Have two great comments. Thanks so much for trying to help. I know. Whiner. 
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 8:30am
Originally posted by GKFralin GKFralin wrote:

I give. No space after or   copy and pasted url from address bar. Totally baffled. I hope the score doesn't have anything to do with contest placement. According to entry it doesn't. Have two great comments. Thanks so much for trying to help. I know. Whiner. 

You should use a link shortener. I think the max length is exceeded here.

Try this: [ URL=https://bit.ly/2y9W0It]The Sink of Invisible Ink[/URL]

Remove the space after the first bracket
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

GKFralin View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GKFralin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2020 at 10:05pm
Thank you for your help. I was going bonkers. 
 Post Reply Post Reply