NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Regular Advancement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jumpingjackflash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Regular Advancement
    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:18pm
Just wondering, have any of you ever advanced from at least the first round of all the comps they run here? 

As the disciplines are so different, from micro to flash to short story to script writing, I wonder how tough that is to achieve? And if you have, did you ever manage to do it in the same year or was it split out over a number of years.

And no, I have not!
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:15pm
I've done...three SSCs, and two FFC. The first one I did I didn't advance from R1. All the others I've made at least R2 and R3 at least once. (FTR: Fastest sales were the story from that first contest, where I made it longer, removed everything the judges and forums liked and doubled down on what they didn't, which sold the first place I sent it, and the FFC ghost that I bombed out on R3 with, which I doubled in length and sold the first place I sent it. So getting eliminated here doesn't necessarily mean much about the quality of the story.)
 Post Reply Post Reply