NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Questions & Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Follow us on Facebook and Twitter..." -- ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
sutekh137 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutekh137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Follow us on Facebook and Twitter..." -- ???
    Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 9:27am
No additional questions, thanks for the thorough and fast response!

JoeK
==============================================
Slow down. In attempting to do everything at once, you're missing it all.
NYC Midnight View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYC Midnight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 9:26am
All announcements regarding the contest are sent to the e-mail address you registered with and posted on nycmidnight.com. We also make the announcements through our twitter and facebook pages, but the e-mails are the highest value in terms of timeliness and accuracy.

The social networks are just an added avenue of correspondence for the participant in case the e-mail goes to the junk mail folder, is delayed through the e-mail host, etc... Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. Thanks and good luck!
sutekh137 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sutekh137 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 4:13am
Dear Sir or Madam:

I received a registration confirmation email today which contained the following information:  "...and make sure to follow us on facebook and twitter so you don't miss any announcements."

I do not use Facebook or Twitter, and do not plan on ever doing so.  I'd like to make sure there won't be any need for using these social networking sites during the contest, and that there will not be any advantages for those who do use said web services.

My question, in summary:  Can I be assured that all relevant contest information (Short Story 2010) will be available via the NYC Midnight site and/or email correspondence, and will be of equal value to the announcements made on Facebook/Twitter in regards to timeliness and accuracy?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,
JoeK
Slow down. In attempting to do everything at once, you're missing it all.
 Post Reply Post Reply