NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Waiting for Results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 8:02am

I barely squeaked through the 1st round in 10th place & with the holidays I totally forgot what I had even written this round. So, I went back & read it & skimmed the feedback. Now I'm feeling not so confident...

Foolish, foolish penguin. 

KirstyHasLeft View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyHasLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:29pm
I didn't even get any feedback/comments on my story this round... So not holding my breath.
mimzee View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mimzee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:30pm
I notice your signature doesn't link to a topic.. where's your story? I'll happily give feedback!
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by KirstyHasLeft KirstyHasLeft wrote:

I didn't even get any feedback/comments on my story this round... So not holding my breath.

Have you reviewed other stories? I maintain that the best way to get feedback around here is to go read other people's stories. Not everyone will give you a return review, but a high percentage will. The more stories you read the higher likelihood that you will get reviews on yours. 

And as mentioned above, if you put a link to your story in your signature it increases the odds even more!

ETA: I don't see you on the Master List either. :( That also would have helped you get some reads.

Edited by ChillyToez - 08 Jan 2020 at 2:36pm
FossellOSullivan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FossellOSullivan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 2:50pm

Hi KirstyHasLeft, 

Do you just mean that you haven't gotten feedback on this forum (in which case I too would be happy to send some), or do you mean you haven't gotten feedback from the judges? If the latter, you should definitely contact the contest. I think they respond quickly on their social media sites. There's also the question and answer thread here.
laritybug View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laritybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by ChillyToez ChillyToez wrote:

Have you reviewed other stories? I maintain that the best way to get feedback around here is to go read other people's stories. Not everyone will give you a return review, but a high percentage will. The more stories you read the higher likelihood that you will get reviews on yours. 

And as mentioned above, if you put a link to your story in your signature it increases the odds even more!

ETA: I don't see you on the Master List either. :( That also would have helped you get some reads.
< ="text/" ="https:////forums.nycmidnight.com/6bd3c86603b10f36ce871e768e597a1b15bd292ded0b1d2de3442f3ca30b22b8/inject.js">

My habit is to start at my group on the master list and go down and when people start reviewing mine, responding using the signature links. I never see your story if you didn't have either of those. 
KirstyHasLeft View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KirstyHasLeft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 4:44pm
Thank you! You are so kind!
I meant - no feedback on this forum (I just got one - greatly appreciated!). I know it is my fault - I am not on the Master list and I am not very active in the forum.

What I noticed form the first round - one of the judges really quoted some of my forum comments. I imagine they read the comments and maybe it does affect their opinion on the story? What do you think?

laritybug View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laritybug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 5:01pm
Wait they literally quoted it?< ="text/" ="https:////forums.nycmidnight.com/6bd3c86603b10f36ce871e768e597a1b15bd292ded0b1d2de3442f3ca30b22b8/inject.js">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12