NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final round titles and summaries

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:51am

The Kingdom of Heaven

The mission to Venus managed to leave Earth behind—but not humanity’s deep philosophical divides, with terrible results.

regannoelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote regannoelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:08am

Taking Flight

After her death, a mother must watch her husband and daughter learn to survive without her wing to guide them.

Edited by regannoelle - 16 Dec 2019 at 10:09am
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:14am
Originally posted by regannoelle regannoelle wrote:

Taking Flight

After her death, a mother must watch her husband and daughter learn to survive without her wing to guide them.

My first idea was to do something like this, but with a mother and son! I’m glad I went in a different direction. You are great with writing drama and I wouldn’t have wanted to have a similar story against yours! Good luck!

-Alex
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
Lisa_Who View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Anansi Anansi wrote:

When Maapa Came

The last active combatant in WW2 was Terou Nakamura, an indigenous soldier of the Amis tribe, conscripted by the Imperial Japanese Army from his native Taiwan. 

Unaware that the war was over, he finally surrendered in 1974 after thirty years surviving

alone in the jungles of the Indonesian Archipelago.

This sounds so amazing!!
ideallyowlish View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ideallyowlish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:26am

Detachment

___

Two mountaineer brothers are struck by crippling visibility issues during their descent of Everest.
Daphne View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Daphne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:45am

Memory’s “Second Coming”

When the data cloud tried to reconcile memory and reality, it had always 

come up just short of real life.

T. 

Edited by Daphne - 19 Dec 2019 at 8:31pm
thee_gray_lady View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thee_gray_lady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 12:14pm
I hated this story. And then I kinda liked this story. And now I have no idea how I feel about this story. But it's done THANK GOD. 

Afraid

When Leah’s professor accuses her of cowardice, she goes to irrational lengths to prove him wrong. 

Timdelizza View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Timdelizza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 12:40pm

Franca, Dario & Franca

Ziggurat tower.

Anansi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Anansi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Lisa_Who Lisa_Who wrote:

The Kingdom of Heaven

The mission to Venus managed to leave Earth behind—but not humanity’s deep philosophical divides, with terrible results.

Something similar sounding to this was my first idea. Something about the cloud location spoke to sci - fi off-world colonies. 

Good title too.

Look forward to reading!
thebrokegamer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote thebrokegamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 1:32pm
So many amazing ideas! It'll be an absolute privilege to read the stories this round, and a terrifying honor to compete with them. Good job, all!

Like Mist on Metal

We’ve been harvesting our water for those Earthsiders for years, and now it’s all dried up like spittle in the sun. Now us Cloudfolk gotta make a decision: to save them, or ourselves?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>