NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feedback for Short Screenplay Round 1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katniss2107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feedback for Short Screenplay Round 1
    Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 8:32pm
Does anyone know when we get feedback from the first round of the Short Screenplay Challenge? I know the second round begins this weekend.
JT
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 9:53pm
It should be shortly after we get the results for the round - which should be 2 or 3 days before the start of the next round.
jenethkay13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenethkay13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 11:11am
The email says we should receive scores by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, the 4th.
Zblugg View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zblugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by jenethkay13 jenethkay13 wrote:

The email says we should receive scores by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, the 4th.

Scores, yes. But feedback comes usually 1-2 days after.

I've yet to see a new round start without having had feedback beforehand, though, so I wouldn't worry.
Asmith View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:42pm
Thanks for this update! I was starting to get worried as I did a mass clear of my email backlog and was slightly panicked that I might have deleted any feedback!
katniss2107 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katniss2107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:51pm
Thanks guys!
JT
Maiasatara View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maiasatara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 2:43pm
There’s often a delay past the posted notification date and time. Especially when there’s a very high number of entrants. I’ve found myself obsessively checking my email and reloading the website only to discover results will be a day late. It’s nearly impossible but if you can manage to “forget” its results day until the afternoon of Challenge 2 kickoff you’ll be much calmer, lol. I’ll let you know if I ever manage this. (Check how long I’ve been a member.) The results may offer you insight into your overall style but typically don’t really help from challenge to challenge because each is so random and different. How you did in Horror at an abandoned mining town with a broken coffee cup won’t help much with a Rom Com at a Starbucks with a chainsaw. Be a hell of a game of Clue, though. GL!
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:02am
I hope I got some points! I am not picky as to how many. In Flash challenge 1 I got no points, and I felt traumatized LOL
jenethkay13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jenethkay13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:12am
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

I hope I got some points! I am not picky as to how many. In Flash challenge 1 I got no points, and I felt traumatized LOL

I could see how that would be traumatizing!!!! Why didn’t you get any points??
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 9:30am
Originally posted by jenethkay13 jenethkay13 wrote:

Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

I could see how that would be traumatizing!!!! Why didn’t you get any points??

I'm still not entirely clear on that from the judges' feedback, but there were some great stories in my heat. I hadn't been in one of these with the point system, so it felt like I got a zero on my homework, though it really just means you weren't in the top 15 LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>