NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Short Story Registration WAIT WHAT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AineKnees Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by GallifreyGirl GallifreyGirl wrote:

I have great plans for a historical/sci-fi/comedy involving an inept time traveler, if i ever pull the right prompts ...

Ooh yeah I would love to read that!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2019 at 4:43pm
I'm hijacking this thread to point out that I just now looked at the NYC Midnight logo for the first time, and I noticed the hand holding half-story pages, half-hourglass, and I was like, "Ohhh, I get it now!" 

It's been a slow day. 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:37pm

I be in!  Never have to worry about any rounds after the first, haha, just for the master list.
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2019 at 8:59pm
Hm. Looks like I'm trapped too. Though after last Spring's punch in the guts, I vaguely regret it. We'll see.... 
Saidinotherwords View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saidinotherwords Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by GallifreyGirl GallifreyGirl wrote:

Originally posted by kizernix kizernix wrote:

I'm in. I've decided to use NYCM to throw me into foreign territories with their prompts/objects and see what crazy sh*t comes out of it! 

I'm honing in as a writer on Sci-Fi so I've made the decision that whatever genre they give me will be blended into Sci-Fi for my story.  Romantic Comedy/Sci-Fi?  Crime Caper/Sci-Fi?  These practically write themselves! lol 

I have great plans for a historical/sci-fi/comedy involving an inept time traveler, if i ever pull the right prompts ...

Does the time traveler look like Keanu Reeves?
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2019 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Yeah?  I signed up.  Maybe they won't have a round while I'm on vacation.

I'm just Pavlov's Writer at this point.  You can't imagine how far I've come since I started these.

That's me! I barely recognise the diffident, imposter-ridden writer that I was when I entered the world of NYC in SSC earlier this year. The challenge of genre writing has been great and since then I have become a published author and poet and I have earned tens of dollars LOL

Most of all I value the friendship and support of writers that I first met through these forums.

As long as I've got some cash in the bank for the fee I'll be in. :-D
Bowbina76 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bowbina76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 10:32pm
eeeek!  Coming back for the third time!
Twerteen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twerteen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 9:11am
I joined. I'm so used to cutting words, I'm not sure how I'll do with what will feel now like a limitless word count!
Anansi View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anansi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Puckerby Puckerby wrote:

I'm addicted.

Oh no you're not! Its 4 stars for addict status, you regular puck.
alpaca_shearer View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alpaca_shearer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 12:21pm
Personally, I'm stoked about the extra round. That is one more story that I could potentially write and submit to publishers. The more we are writing the more we are getting out of the contest, right? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234