NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Video about NYC Midnight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessebarksdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Video about NYC Midnight
    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 11:33am
Hey all,

This year I took part in my first NYC Midnight, and decided to film a video about my experience! Thought some of you here might be interested to check it out: https://youtu.be/IabRAbBHne4

This first video was about my writing process, my thoughts on the competition, and my screenplay turned out. On Thursday I'll release another video where I share the actual screenplay.

Would love to hear your thoughts, and whether this was your experience with the competition as well :)
;-)
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2019 at 9:17pm
This was fun to watch!

For future reference, you can save about $15 if you register before the early bird deadline and make a post on Twitter or Facebook. So I definitely recommend that for next time.

And you are more likely to get reviews when you give reviews, as many people reciprocate the reviews they receive! So, the more active you are, the more activity your own should get (usually). 

Your video has definitely inspired me to read yours though! :)
#amrevising
jessebarksdale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessebarksdale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 11:15am
Hey, thanks! Good tips :)

I'll definitely read and review some of the other screenplays!
;-)
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2019 at 9:32pm
Cool video! It definitely works similarly for me, but always depends on the weekend and what else is going on haha. Plus I usually try to get some beta readers from here since it's hard to separate myself in such a short amount of time to be able to objectively view whatever I've come up with. 

And I second Steph on the whole reviews get reviews thing. Everyone tends to review ones in their own heat first, as well as those that review theirs. 

I'll be checking yours out soon, and glad you joined in the fun!
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 4:32pm
Great video Jesse!

The forum here will give you the same interaction you’ve had on other platforms if you start reviewing scripts as they will (mostly) return reads.
You’re right that the 48 hours is crazy and confining, but if you managed to get something submitted then you’ve won already.

Hope you get involved and that your script does well.

Paula 😊
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2019 at 6:23am
Seconded what everyone else says about reaping what you sow!
TG
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
 Post Reply Post Reply