NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 1 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SueSS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:32am
Group 35: Spy/Lookout/Headphones

TAKING OUT THE TRASH

A Balinese housemaid and a young manicurist conspire with the First Lady Of The United States to clean up the environment in an island paradise.

andromedae17 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andromedae17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:27am
Group 18: Mystery/A swimming pool/Pizza

DEAD WEIGHT - Tensions rise when an artistic swimmer is murdered and her perfectionist coach decides to take matters into her own hands.
MarkBickle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkBickle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:35am
Group 33 - Suspense/Homeless Shelter/Paint

"Katrina"
During the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, a young girl is caught in the apocalyptic world of a makeshift homeless shelter.
fiberopticduck View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fiberopticduck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 8:01am
Group 17: Drama / Police Station / Brownie

DOUGHNUTS

In the aftermath, a policeman's wife struggles to come to terms with his death.

I'm coming to realise my loglines are so boring! 

hasunkhan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasunkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 10:57am
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

Originally posted by hasunkhan hasunkhan wrote:

Hey it looks like we had the same prompt! I'm really curious to see how others interpreted the prompt. 

Which prompt was yours? It helps to click "quote post" so we can see which one you are referring to. Were you in Group 22 also (crime caper, cemetery, a crown)? I'm super curious about what others did, so I hope you will post yours! My synopsis is posted above. Hope you will post your story when we can! :) And good luck!

-Alex

Thank you for tip Alex! I'm sorry I've never used this forum before so I'm still getting used to things. I wasn't I was in Group 9 (ghost story, a stadium, a therapy dog). I'm a little nervous to share but maybe It's time I ditch that fear haha. Is there a thread where people are sharing their work? Thank you again and good luck to you too! 

- Hasun
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:04am

Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

Hey it looks like we had the same prompt! I'm really curious to see how others interpreted the prompt. 

Which prompt was yours? It helps to click "quote post" so we can see which one you are referring to. Were you in Group 22 also (crime caper, cemetery, a crown)? I'm super curious about what others did, so I hope you will post yours! My synopsis is posted above. Hope you will post your story when we can! :) And good luck!

-Alex

Thank you for tip Alex! I'm sorry I've never used this forum before so I'm still getting used to things. I wasn't I was in Group 9 (ghost story, a stadium, a therapy dog). I'm a little nervous to share but maybe It's time I ditch that fear haha. Is there a thread where people are sharing their work? Thank you again and good luck to you too! 

- Hasun

We can't share just yet. You'll get an email probably tomorrow. Then you'll see a Short Screenplay 2019 forum appear in the Screenwriters Lounge and there will be lots of great instructions from Steph. :) And don't be nervous - last year was my first, and it's great, very supportive and you learn lots.
Ron414 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:27am
Sci Fi / A coral reef / a bar of soap

SAMPLES

Two oceanographers have a life-changing experience on a deep sea research expedition.
Ron414 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ron414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:32am
I dunno about that.  Some like to give a lot away in the logline, others don't.  I know what I'm getting from this, so for me it's good.  :)
Ron414 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ron414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:34am
Originally posted by fiberopticduck fiberopticduck wrote:

DOUGHNUTS

My note was re: this!
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by fiberopticduck fiberopticduck wrote:

DOUGHNUTS

This just screams comedy-drama to me.  Policeperson kills self because the doughnuts were replaced by brownies...wish I'd thought of that sooner.
This sig intentionally blank
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 16>