NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 1 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by BrianaNichol BrianaNichol wrote:

Group 32 | Mystery | A Hospice | A Skeleton Key
TOTAL PAIN
During a storm, two hospice nurses let an old woman stay in their facility overnight. When their patients disappear the next morning, they must figure out if their guest is the cause.
Ooooo, this sounds good... Can't wait!
Mrpenhead View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrpenhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:44pm
Group 32: Mystery/Hospice/Skeleton Key

Moksha
A new hospice nurse discovers a mysterious hidden key while caring for a reclusive dying surgeon.  

Can’t wait to read some of these! Sound great!
The Fnord View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote The Fnord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:52pm
Group 5 / Sci Fi / A drive-in movie theater / Handcuffs

THE FUTURE OF FAME

In the future, the most popular game among young adults will
reward winning players with incredible fame and fortune. The same
reward will be given to anyone who kills the player.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Starsweet777 Starsweet777 wrote:

Hi Steph, you sound knowledgeable here 😁 I’m new to the challenge and so much life happened for me over the weekend unfortunately I just missed the upload deadline last night. Really bumming out!!  Lesson learned I’m guessing is just submit each draft as it’s written even if it’s just the Title and Logline, correct? At least you count in the system somehow. I saved a draft but didn’t “submit” .  Was hoping to get at least feedback on my work even though I missed time limit deadline and submitted late but submission form disappears at the time cut off!! No joking around there, lol!! 
How would you suggest to still get feedback,
helpful for a writer.
Also did I read correctly that we have 2 rounds guaranteed to participate in? So even though I missed deadline here I still get to play in round 2...

Thank you for your time in reading this, I appreciate any knowledge you are willing to share in enlightening me (and any other newer challenge members reading this😁) Wasn’t sure where to post… First time really using a forum! 😬

Hi Starsweet! If you have a draft ready to go, I would recommend sending it to feedback@nycmidnight.com right away! They allow you to send a "backup" email in case there are issues with your submission. At the very least, you will submit something (though there is no guarantee that they will accept it, of course). But I say go for it!

And YES, you will still be able to participate in Challenge 2! :)
#amrevising
ROS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by ROS ROS wrote:

Group 24: Ghost Story/a studio apartment or flat/chopsticks

More Than Bargained For
A young man, pleased with a great deal on a special item, realises that he actually got much more than he bargained for.

So glad to see another Group 24-er!  This sounds very fun.  I love all the directions one can take with a ghost story!

Yup. Can't wait to read yours! The diversity that comes from the same prompts is truly amazing.

ROS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by ROS ROS wrote:

Group 24: Ghost Story/a studio apartment or flat/chopsticks

More Than Bargained For
A young man, pleased with a great deal on a special item, realises that he actually got much more than he bargained for.

So glad to see another Group 24-er!  This sounds very fun.  I love all the directions one can take with a ghost story!

Yup. Can't wait to read yours! The diversity of ideas from the same prompts is truly amazing. 
ROS View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ROS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 2:29pm
Sorry about the double post. I got a message about spamming and an error. Didn't know the first one went through. Confused
pgleleux View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pgleleux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:01pm
Thriller/Hotel Room/Statue

SCRIPTED

Jennifer becomes a suspect when a fellow screenwriter turns up dead before an awards ceremony.
Read R1 Grp 41 A Fighting Chance
BrianaNichol View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrianaNichol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Originally posted by BrianaNichol BrianaNichol wrote:

Group 32 | Mystery | A Hospice | A Skeleton Key
TOTAL PAIN
During a storm, two hospice nurses let an old woman stay in their facility overnight. When their patients disappear the next morning, they must figure out if their guest is the cause.
Ooooo, this sounds good... Can't wait!

Don't get your hopes up, but thanks! LOLLOL
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

Originally posted by Starsweet777 Starsweet777 wrote:

Hi Steph, you sound knowledgeable here 😁 I’m new to the challenge and so much life happened for me over the weekend unfortunately I just missed the upload deadline last night. Really bumming out!!  Lesson learned I’m guessing is just submit each draft as it’s written even if it’s just the Title and Logline, correct? At least you count in the system somehow. I saved a draft but didn’t “submit” .  Was hoping to get at least feedback on my work even though I missed time limit deadline and submitted late but submission form disappears at the time cut off!! No joking around there, lol!! 
How would you suggest to still get feedback,
helpful for a writer.
Also did I read correctly that we have 2 rounds guaranteed to participate in? So even though I missed deadline here I still get to play in round 2...

Thank you for your time in reading this, I appreciate any knowledge you are willing to share in enlightening me (and any other newer challenge members reading this😁) Wasn’t sure where to post… First time really using a forum! 😬

Hi Starsweet! If you have a draft ready to go, I would recommend sending it to feedback@nycmidnight.com right away! They allow you to send a "backup" email in case there are issues with your submission. At the very least, you will submit something (though there is no guarantee that they will accept it, of course). But I say go for it!

And YES, you will still be able to participate in Challenge 2! :)

Hi, and you can always submit to the forum and get feedback too!!!  Please do!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>