NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 1 Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:25am
Group 11: Thriller, a hotel room, statue 

YOU LOVE ME 

When a mysterious guest at the Quick Suite Hotel removes their Do Not Disturb sign, two members of staff discover what's really behind closed doors.

rossinny View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rossinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:45am
Group 23 (haven't seen any other so far?): Comedy / Waterfall/ A Tombstone

The Importance of Freeing Ernest 

Three men take the ashes of their lifelong friend to his favourite spot. But letting go can be hard.

Left myself with limited time to get this done but enjoyed writing comedy. I'd say it's a gentle comedy rather than LOLz, but hopefully that doesn't cost it. Look forward to reading them all later this week!
R2 Rhyming Story The Dying of the Light(Sci-Fi)
hasunkhan View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hasunkhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 3:54am

Ghost Story / A Stadium / A Therapy Dog

A Shared Reprieve
A mysterious blind woman must help a grieving baseball player win the world series.
awai View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:39am
Group 21: Spy / A Coal Mine / Butter

"Mine Over Matters"

An intelligence analyst has more than just his meal to worry about when he suspects his colleague harbours ulterior motives that threatens the US government and the secret lab they are holed up in.

Was hoping to tackle something other than Spy again, but what do ya know... Haha!
Look forward to reading the other entries! Thumbs Up
awai View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote awai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:41am
Originally posted by Paula Paula wrote:

I just had a few hours to write this and man, I came up with something really silly. It sounds unintentionally Mr. Beanesque, which I guess sums up how bad it probably is. But I had lots of fun writing it. Good luck y'all.

THE SPY WHO BUTTERED ME

A government spy must infiltrate a criminal organisation operating in an old coal mine in order to gather           
information on its activities.

Haha! Love this title, fellow Group mate! LOL Can't wait to read it.
Snarkmaiden View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Snarkmaiden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 4:49am
Group 3 historical fiction / a gymnasium / a catheter

The Buggers Mean It

On the eve of an historic conflict, the ill-prepared people of the Falkland Islands steel themselves for invasion.
alexdsut View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alexdsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:03am
Group 3: Historical Fiction / A Gymnasium / A Catheter (why!?)

Strangers at War

Towards the end of WWII, a German soldier is tasked with assassinating an American war hero currently being treated in a makeshift hospital in eastern France.
Ifounddannyboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ifounddannyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:16am

Group 31: Sci-Fi/A coral reef/Bar of soap

Title: Amphibiman

Logline: When a grouchy man sends out a request for help with his experiments to save the planet, he never expected the response he is about to receive.

LOL
KittNiss View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KittNiss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:42am
group 28 Comedy, Living Room and chopping or cutting board

The Laguiole

Two professional art removalists and an interior decorator work hard to arrange a connoisseur's art collection in her new home, with some confusion about what is art and what isn't.
SSC R1Heat42 Magpie's Child
FFCh1 Gr16 There's no going back R2 Death,DutyFree
toeditishuman View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote toeditishuman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 5:42am
Group 34: Historical Fiction/A newsroom/A filter

An Objective View

A decade after a newspaper made an unfounded accusation that led to somebody's death, one reporter wants to avoid repeating the past. But after gaining some potential new evidence, he is forced to weigh the benefits of publishing for profit versus seeking the objective truth.
FF CH3 Eyes in the Field (sci-fi)
FF CH2 Marbles (fantasy)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>