FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My short Screenplay has been produced!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My short Screenplay has been produced!
    Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Asmith Asmith wrote:

Congratulations! That's really good to hear!

Haha!
Asmith View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Asmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 12:44pm
Congratulations! That's really good to hear!
SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 8:14am
Congratulations Tim!! A man of many talents! 🎉🎉
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2019 at 6:24am

Thank you everyone!
I have been told it is up for an Oscar - so I guess it is boring!
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 3:49pm
Wow!

That’s awesome!

Well done Tim!
Hope it’s well received.

Paula x
JLR View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 3:36pm
Congrats!
Microfiction R1 Grp57 romantic comedy/ scuba-diving/round Save me the Crumbs
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2019 at 2:24am
What it did for me?

Well, so far I have been asked out on dates by three different formites - only
counting the females, sorry!
Going buff works.

Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

For me, it helps to think how my story appears through the camera more. I am more aware of stuff that's not filmable -- interior emotions, thoughts, perspectives, conclusions, suspicions, and the like.

I figure that if the producer finds the story intriguing, they'll do the work to get a produceable script, working with me and with their resources. A 5-page spec script might not be enough to set up some kind of expensive budget--but I'm seeing some incredibly creative films coming from Nigeria from home-brew production studios, and their budgets are unbelievably tight.

Great points! For me, it's definitely enlightened me to unfilmables as you said. And if I have the urge to write something I know would be expensive (a car chase or something similar), then I sort of weigh whether or not it's something I'll ever try to produce before proceeding.

Well, that kind of depends.  I just submitted five unfilmable minutes for review and didn't feel the least bit bad about it.  You want a dramatic brownie in a police station (at least it wasn't a doughnut) you get unfilmable.
This sig intentionally blank
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

For me, it helps to think how my story appears through the camera more. I am more aware of stuff that's not filmable -- interior emotions, thoughts, perspectives, conclusions, suspicions, and the like.

I figure that if the producer finds the story intriguing, they'll do the work to get a produceable script, working with me and with their resources. A 5-page spec script might not be enough to set up some kind of expensive budget--but I'm seeing some incredibly creative films coming from Nigeria from home-brew production studios, and their budgets are unbelievably tight.

Great points! For me, it's definitely enlightened me to unfilmables as you said. And if I have the urge to write something I know would be expensive (a car chase or something similar), then I sort of weigh whether or not it's something I'll ever try to produce before proceeding.
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2019 at 1:18am
Originally posted by Joni Joni wrote:

Awesome!! Did it change your perspective on writing at all? I recently had a short produced, and now find myself thinking about production capabilities while writing. Not sure if that's good or just limiting lol.

Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>