NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Results page

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auroranicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 8:52am
It was my first time competing and I was totally prepared for a low score, so pleasantly surprised with 11 points. Excited and dreading the feedback to arrive! LOL

As for the person who mentioned their name being wrong on the list - mine, too! They put my real name and not my pen name. Hoping they'll fix it. Hey, but at least they spelled my last name right! My whole life is a comedy of people to trying to spell or pronounce DePuy. Wacko
Noel Alcoba View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:19am
In group 18, 3rd and 4th place are the same person, same entry.

In group 92, the first and sixth placers are the same person, same entry.

I wonder if there are more cloned placers on the list.

R1 Rhyme G48 Side-Kicked
R1 100 G59 Ripples 11th
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:19am

Was feeling a little bummed out about my 6 points this morning. Was hoping to do a little better. 

So what does a numbers nerd do to make themselves feel better? Go to lovely Nerdy Nixie's ALL THE SCORES spreadsheet.

Last year, out of the 500 participants who moved on to C3, 95 of them scored a 6 or lower in one of the first two challenges. That's 19%. I guess I can't phone it in this weekend. LOL

Incidentally, 20 people had a 3 or less (4%) and three hardcore folks scored zeros in one challenge and still moved on. Proving, that while the likelihood is small, it still can be done! 

May the prompt gods be kind to you this weekend!

Edited by ChillyToez - 12 Sep 2019 at 10:37am
ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:21am
nothin' to see here, move along...

Edited by ChillyToez - 12 Sep 2019 at 10:36am
SLSingleton View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLSingleton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 9:29am
8 points! I'm in the solid middle ground and I'll take it! My story, A Lot of Troubles, is listed under SheriLS, but I got locked out of the forum for trying the wrong password too many times and had to make a new account. 
dashesndots2 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashesndots2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by SLSingleton SLSingleton wrote:

I got locked out of the forum for trying the wrong password too many times and had to make a new account. 

This happened to me too (I need to learn to stop trying to guess when I'm wrong the first time, ha) so I'm now dashesndots2.  I sent an email about being locked out to the feedback email address last night, but I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed.

I told my friends that I expected to get 7 or 8 points, and I ended up with 7, so I definitely had a good feel for my story's scoring power, haha.  Hoping to get something fun for the next challenge, as I'm coming down with a cold and I don't think I can expend the energy it takes for something like Polisat or Historical Fiction this round.  I'd even be okay with Drama again (although it'd be the 4th time).

BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

In group 18, 3rd and 4th place are the same person, same entry.

In group 92, the first and sixth placers are the same person, same entry.

I wonder if there are more cloned placers on the list.

This seems like a really big deal, especially to the people who were supposed to be in one of those spots.
Jhill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:46am
This is cool -- in my group, 4 stories were posted. All 4 earned points. Nice to see forum participants placing. Grats to you 104ers!

amlewi08 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlewi08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:02am
I ended up with 9 points, which is way more than I expected!  I don't write a lot of fiction, and only one other person in my group besides myself shared their stories on the forums, so it was hard to gauge where I stood.  Entirely anticipated 0 points, with a shot at some of the lower values.  

Congrats at all who participated!

Also shout out to whoever's job it is to fill out that summary table, because yikes that job must suck.
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 11:14am
I hate histfic, so I'm good with four points.

Congrats, everyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>