NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FFC - anyone hear anything?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
pennyham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennyham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FFC - anyone hear anything?
    Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:26am
Thank you! I appreciate your reply.
CH2 GR78 Last Shift
Content Warning: domestic violence

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBRN4zf60GG01aiWipIphfdjxerMDqf_q8BG-ch3Qfs/edit?usp=sharing

auroranicks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auroranicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by pennyham pennyham wrote:

Hello fabulous writers!! Can anyone tell me how many writers are in each group? I can’t remember. 30? 35? Thanks!

Someone did the math in another thread. I believe it was 31 writers in groups 1-26 and 30 writers in groups 27-125.
pennyham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennyham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:20am
Hello fabulous writers!! Can anyone tell me how many writers are in each group? I can’t remember. 30? 35? Thanks!
CH2 GR78 Last Shift
Content Warning: domestic violence

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mBRN4zf60GG01aiWipIphfdjxerMDqf_q8BG-ch3Qfs/edit?usp=sharing

salgal80 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salgal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:15am
Am I the only one who has NO email that scores were in? Luckily I checked the site. I’ve been getting all their other emails and it’s not in my spam either. Weird.
salgal80 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salgal80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:13am
Showing “in progress” on submittable means nothing! It says that about stories I’ve written years ago.
As long as you got a confirmation your story was received about 2-3 days after submission, then it was.
auroranicks View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote auroranicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Noiryn Noiryn wrote:

I appreciate it, but I am wondering sincerely if I submitted mine properly. It's showing as 'In Progress' and has been since I submitted it. If I could just get someone to confirm what status theirs shows - it'd put my mind at ease.

Either way, I'm seriously disappointed in myself and tempted to just give up. I'm out 40 bucks and have proof I just need to end it here.

Hey Noiryn, I just checked mine to verify for you and mine also says "in-progress" - hope that helps!
EricM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:50am
Originally posted by JeanlucPIc JeanlucPIc wrote:

[By the way, I had a dream last night that one of my judges was Peter Dinklage, and he sent his feedback in the form of a video, and he clearly just overdubbed my name and sent the same useless, generic drivel to all of the entrants in my heat. "Well done [Michael], a real cracking story full of good ideas" (and so on). Weeeeird...]

Thanks for the lol! 

(and congrats on your score!)
JeanlucPIc View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JeanlucPIc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:39am
My first time in this competition (and definitely first time writing a Ghost Story) and I got 11 points! What a surprise and a treat. 

Thank you good people for your feedback, and I have read so many of your stories also. It is hard putting your stuff out there. 

[By the way, I had a dream last night that one of my judges was Peter Dinklage, and he sent his feedback in the form of a video, and he clearly just overdubbed my name and sent the same useless, generic drivel to all of the entrants in my heat. "Well done [Michael], a real cracking story full of good ideas" (and so on). Weeeeird...]
FF20 2, Group 125 The Devil and Pidot ne Mip
FF20 1 The Case of the Pilfered Plate (13pts)
TammyB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TammyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Judy Judy wrote:

Originally posted by TammyB TammyB wrote:

13th place in my heat. 3 points. That’s what i got last year in challenge 1!

Three points for me as well. Did you advance to the third challenge last time? 3 is more than I expected so I’m pleased. But I don’t have any idea what combined score lets you advance past the second challenge. I think they intentionally make it extra nerve wracking. 

No, I didn’t make it to the next round last year. In my heat last year, I think the top five ended at like 16? And I ended with 13. Think about that for a second. First round I got 3, second round I got 10! 
It depends on how many of the top people this round get good scores next round. So it is possible, albeit slim that we could make it to the next round if we do fabulous this weekend.

There’s something to think about for next year or my next contest that is like this. If I score good in one genre, but not the other, can I compare the two and see what maybe I did differently? Or maybe I just don’t understand some genres and need to see what it’s about? Always work on the craft!
FF19CH1 A Collector’s Obsession
FF18CH1 BURIED IN LOVE
FF18CH2 DOG-GONE MICROCHIP
WRITE ON!
Amanda71 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2019 at 6:13am
For those who are disappointed with a low score or no score, and feel like giving up - Don't! You won't make it into the third round if you don't submit anything in round 2! But you might get great scores in the next one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>