NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 is soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crumhorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by GaleGirl GaleGirl wrote:

Originally posted by Zelda Zelda wrote:

Originally posted by crumhorn crumhorn wrote:

I had a baby in between challenge 1 & 2, so I'm excited to see how extreme sleep deprivation affects my writing style. Big smile

You're going to make that baby pull his weight, right? If you bottle feed, he should beta read! LOL

Jeez, that was hilarious. God bless you, crumhorn, I was a total vegetable for the first two months of my daughter's life. Total vegetable drawer in the fridge.

This is my second kid. I'm way more Zen this time around! I was there with you in the crisper drawer last time. Tongue

FF22R1: Stories

SS22R3: Mystery
sootfoot5 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sootfoot5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Mowens Mowens wrote:

Before our scores (if we score!) come in, may we all take a moment to revel in our last few hours of believing any one of us can win.  These are the glorious hours of writing,  the ones we can equally enjoy, the ones before self-doubt slam us and we pour a scotch and question our reasons for existing.

I read your post aloud to my husband -- he is totally in favor of your sentiments and has already purchased an array of choices of alcohol for me to either, as you say, question my reason for existing or to celebrate till dawn. 

calksb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calksb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:35pm
I don't know, but I believe I read that unless you get the same genre again, you won't get the same judges.

When do the scores get released? Today sometime or before midnight?

calksb
I like to read others' stories. Will read and comment as I can.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Mowens Mowens wrote:

Question.  So are judges assigned by genre (therefore changing each round) or are judges assigned by group (therefore we'd have the same judges for rounds one and two).  Anyone know?

I think they tell NYC Midnight which genres they prefer to read, so they'd change from round to round. But I'm not 100% certain. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by calksb calksb wrote:

I don't know, but I believe I read that unless you get the same genre again, you won't get the same judges.

When do the scores get released? Today sometime or before midnight?

calksb

Either way, but in general, you can plan on NYC Midnight to cut it close to the wire. On the other hand, I've seen times when the results came out unexpectedly early (by hours). But that usually happens later in the contest when the number of competitors has already been cut. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by calksb calksb wrote:

Yeah, and presumably, no one will get the same genre this weekend. Since we're still in our same assigned groups, they'll give us all new genres. Now, after this upcoming round, they reassign everyone, and you could wind up with a repeat genre from the last round or this upcoming weekend's round. 
EricM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EricM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:22pm
All I can think about today is this contest!!!

...and my fantasy football team.

...and the time I touched Hulk Hogan's arm.

...and the whole driving on a parkway/parking on a driveway thing.

I'm being very productive at work.
Lisa_Who View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by EricM EricM wrote:

ME TOOO.  I scored 210 points in Week 1 Big smile that'll never maintain but still!
Edgelords are a bore.
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Lisa_Who Lisa_Who wrote:

Originally posted by EricM EricM wrote:

ME TOOO.  I scored 210 points in Week 1 Big smile that'll never maintain but still!

I had 67 points between two players ON MY BENCH. But still pulled out the win. Phew.
Michellecrystal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michellecrystal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 5:15pm
You’re hilarious! I wish you the best of luck! Is 15 points the highest you can get?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>