NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 is soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Round 2 is soon!
    Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 1:04pm
So Round 2 is coming up quickly. Will we have feedback from round 1 before we write the second?
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 6:31pm
Yes! Usually we get results/feedback 2 or 3 days before the next challenge.
#amrevising
Trond24 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Trond24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:16pm
Couple comments:

"Round 2 is coming up ..." 
Remember that challenges 1 and 2 are combined into round 1. Not a big deal at all, just keep in mind round 2 means something different, for NYCMFF.

Results are scheduled to come out 11:59p ET on 11 Sept (Wed night). 
1/4 of the time it's delayed by a few hours, so as the Hitchhiker's button says, Don't Panic. They will email everyone if it s delayed.

Judges' feedback usually comes within a day or so of results. 
They REALLY try to get it out prior to the next prompt drop (11:59p ET on 13 Sept), but it usually works out that it might be anywhere from 12-36 hours prior to the next challenge.

Feedback doesn't always help within the contest, because unless you get the same (or close) genre, you probably won't get the same judges. And often the judges give conflicting feedback. :-P

Good luck!
"Every time I think I've seen it all, a person comes along and objects to the mistreatment of rubber chickens."
Lisel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 8:40pm
Awesome thank you! 
I’m keen for the feed back.
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Lisel Lisel wrote:

Awesome thank you! 
I’m keen for the feed back.

The best quality feedback is on here because we tend to have more time to read and consider each other's work :-)

But it's a competition, so I suppose we shouldn't entirely ignore the judges... LOL
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Trond24 Trond24 wrote:

Couple comments:

"Round 2 is coming up ..." 
Remember that challenges 1 and 2 are combined into round 1. Not a big deal at all, just keep in mind round 2 means something different, for NYCMFF.

It looks like they actually changed it so that it's Challenge 1, Challenge 2, Challenge 3, and Challenge 4. Which is way less confusing than all that "round" nonsense!! :)
#amrevising
calksb View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calksb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 4:00pm
Good question. I am wondering the same.

calksb
I like to read others' stories. Will read and comment as I can.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 9:07pm
Yeah, so I was talking to my dad earlier today, and I told him we get results midweek and then I'll be writing a story that weekend. He said, "Well, yeah, if you assume you'll make it to the next round, Miss High and Mighty," and I was like, "Um. It's a non-elimination round, Mr. Brains." Big smile
Lisel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 9:29pm
😂 I love it! Dad’s are the best
Lisel View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lisel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 9:30pm
semantics 🤷🏻‍♀️ Everyone knew what I meant.  And I know it’s a non elimination. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>