Poll Question: Would you prefer for the Master Lists:
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
5 [15.15%]
28 [84.85%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by ChillyToez ChillyToez wrote:

Suave - I'm not sure you are hearing what I am saying. The problem existed BEFORE there were any replies. This issue had nothing to do with the number of replies on the post but the total content of the original post. 

I just tested it by trying to create a new post with all the 61-125 links in it and get a 503 error. It will not allow you to create a new topic if the content is beyond a certain length. I think you are banking on your personal experience without recognizing this is a new issue.

Ok, I just made a copy of the 1-50 master list and posted it under test in the short story forum section and it is still there for you to take a look at.  I had no problem posting it.  As I said the forum sort of goes here and there.  So work arounds will work.

While I can copy and past your list into the FF subforum, I still cannot post the entirety of groups 61-125 in one new post as it exceeds the limit. Meaning at the very least Steph & I would still have to maintain 2 lists each. A gdoc would circumvent that.

Edited by ChillyToez - 06 Aug 2019 at 9:14am
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:16am
What platform did you two use to make up your lists?

Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:22am
Originally posted by ChillyToez ChillyToez wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

[QUOTE=ChillyToez]

While I can copy and past your list into the FF subforum, I still cannot post the entirety of groups 61-125 in one new post as it exceeds the limit. Meaning at the very least Steph & I would still have to maintain 2 lists each. A gdoc would circumvent that.

I just tried to copy and paste your92 -125 and got 500 error code, so that is less than what my 1-50 list is.  I do wonder what platform you made the list up on or if that has any bearing on it anyway?

steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 9:35am
I used Google Docs...which is what I've used for every Master List I've done without an issue.
#amrevising
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:05am
I am curious to hear what Nixie thinks about using Google Docs as a Master List!!
#amrevising
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 10:34am
I ain't no Nixie but I'm all for Google Docs. As Stephen said, we all put our work out there in our signatures for anyone to click on, but only logged in forumites can actually see the post. That would be exactly the same with Google docs. 

If it's easier for the master list keepers, then that's what I'm happy to do. They put a lot of time into this, and if it keeps bugging out I understand that they want change. 

I also understand the need to protect our property -- but I don't see the threat here. We have time-stamped proof of writing and submitting these stories. And when a competition's done... you can always remove the story link on your own post. 

Has anything happened before where someone's stolen a story/ script from the log-in portion of the site? Maybe I'm just being naive. 
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:11am
I have tried three different ways to combine your lists into new lists and no joy.
This reminds me of the problems I was having with individual posts within the
list, there was just no way to get there from there, the people had to make
me a new forum post so that I could post them to the list.  If you have time
you could try making up a list with no posts in it, just the headings for each heat
, say a fifty heat list with 3 spaces between each heat and post that, then start
adding posts.  The forum, when it decides it does not like something, it does
not change its mind and I have always had to start over.  The above way of making
the list is how I have done it.  All the posts were added to the list after it was posted.

Edited by Suave - 06 Aug 2019 at 11:12am
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:21am
I have no desire to make any changes for the first challenge, as it would be far too confusing! So we shall see what the forum has in store for us come September.
#amrevising
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:23am
Haha, can't blame you.

ChillyToez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChillyToez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

I have no desire to make any changes for the first challenge, as it would be far too confusing! So we shall see what the forum has in store for us come September.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>