NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrpenhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 11:08pm
All Creatures Great and Small

A timid zoo keeper worries about a new arrival to her zoo filled with mythological creatures.

Almost had a major snafu, forgot New York is an hour ahead of Dallas.  I was sweating!  Lol

Action/comedy, I would call it.   What was the count of writers for the final round?

Edited by Mrpenhead - 21 Jul 2019 at 11:10pm
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Mrpenhead Mrpenhead wrote:

What was the count of writers for the final round?

Well there’s fifty of us in total but the best part is 14 so far have posted here which suggests we will have at least that many to read on the forums; a record number from my own experience.

Don’t be afraid or anxious MissMoosie. You’re in the final for a reason!
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:01am
Originally posted by MissMoosie MissMoosie wrote:

It was heartfelt and funny, tinged with sadness but in an affirmative, positive way - and your fantastic sense of humour shone through big time. 

Seconded!
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 10:43am
I am happy to say I'm NOT currently reading for a contest or anything for once and will be able to look at more entries. Party
haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 11:33am
There's actually 60 in total

And I can't wait to read as many of them as I can!
Read my 1st Round 250-word story Emergency Meeting
Goonie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goonie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:41pm
The Spectral Zoo
An autistic boy's make-believe menagerie brings his family back to reality.

This one kicked my tail. The prompts were so leading in a comedic direction (as many of you pointed out) so I fought it and did something I don't normally do: went with Drama.  

Yes, Drama.

I'm an Action / Horror / Thriller kinda' guy, so this was against type for me. The zoo is pretend, and the autistic child is the zookeeper.  Spectral relates to the Autism Spectrum AND means phantom / vanish / invisible.

Finished at 11:30p -- the closest I've ever come. First draft was 6 pages (I write heavy) and it took a lot to eviscerate it down to 5.  Those cuts hurt, but I still think it works OK.  I suppose we'll see!
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Goonie Goonie wrote:

The Spectral Zoo
An autistic boy's make-believe menagerie brings his family back to reality.

Finished at 11:30p -- the closest I've ever come. First draft was 6 pages (I write heavy) and it took a lot to eviscerate it down to 5.  Those cuts hurt, but I still think it works OK.  I suppose we'll see!

Dang! That sounds really good, and a heart-grabber to boot.

I hear you about the cuts hurting. Mine was almost 7 pages after first draft. UGH. <:- )
kaitlarson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaitlarson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2019 at 9:11pm
THE WOLVES ARE OUT
While having a surprise sleepover in the tunnels under a zoo, a young girl breaks the only rule of the night: don't get caught.

Genre: family drama
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456