NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by T.E. Bradford T.E. Bradford wrote:

PARADISE
As keeper of the universe’s largest zoo, Able Godfrey’s priority is discovering new creatures throughout the galaxies. He could never have anticipated the actions of one hyperactive child, or the astonishing results of a chance encounter between two species from opposite ends of the universe.

Genre I went with: Sci-Fi

Love this - and it has so much mileage. After this and our requisite five pages, it seems like you could take this premise in so many different directions/universes and into many more pages moving forward. 

Most importantly, I really need to know what happened as a result of that chance encounter! 
MissMoosie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

Originally posted by MissMoosie MissMoosie wrote:

The Guests 

When a couple visit a resort and zoo on a Greek island with their accident-prone toddler, they really do get away from it all. Just not in the way they were expecting.

Genre I was going for: Suspense/Horror
Genre I ended up with: Not sure - hopefully one/both of the above...!

I am so beatdown exhausted right now that I read the first line as: When a couple visit a resort and zoo with their ANCIENT TODDLER...

And it sounded super cool! Your actual idea sounds wonderful, too. I do hope you post it.

Lol! I'm not sure there's much that would save what I wrote, but an ancient toddler might have! :)

I've seen your name on the forums so it's nice to finally say a virtual hello! 

I'm worried about posting it. It's rushed. It's just not good. But then I'm thinking I'm here to learn and the people on the forums are always really kind, very constructive and super helpful and for me, there is no better way to learn than from everyone else here. So when the time comes to post, I'm going to try and be brave...

NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
I absolutely love this already! Very nicely done with turning the tables and making the human the zoo animal.

Am currently having a 'wish I'd thought of this' moment!
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by funkadillo funkadillo wrote:

Stay Behind The Bars

When a bumbling zoologist interns at a new job, he must earn the respect of a no-nonsense boss who is convinced that he’s too soft to handle the crushing frenzy of feeding time.

Genre: Comedy(??) I'm... not actually sure, it kinda got away from me...

So many of these loglines sound great! I can't wait to read such varied takes on the prompts. This round was the most difficult for me by far. Not only the tight deadline, but that strict page limit fought me over every unnecessary word and joke I wanted to cram in there.

Your title and logline alone have cheered me up big time and made me smile - this script sounds right up my street! I'm already picturing the jokes and mayhem that will go on and I can't wait to read it. :)

Edited by MissMoosie - 21 Jul 2019 at 4:03pm
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:08pm

PARADISE
Love this - and it has so much mileage. After this and our requisite five pages, it seems like you could take this premise in so many different directions/universes and into many more pages moving forward. 

Most importantly, I really need to know what happened as a result of that chance encounter! 

Thanks Miss Moosie. :)
Hopefully I did the logline justice. It was really hard to find the balance of having enough lead-in to make the whole thing make sense, yet leaving enough room to do "the event" justice. Fingers crossed everyone won't read this and wish they'd stopped with the logline. LOL
Dang, my writer insecurity is showing. ;-)
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by VitruvianFilms VitruvianFilms wrote:

Humans are Monsters

A human escapes from a rare zoological enclosure, and the alien zookeepers must track her down.  

Sci-fi/comedy, sort of intended it to be animated

Oops - this is me proving that Wacko (yet again) I'm rubbish at responding to posts let alone posting my own stuff. The message I posted earlier (below) was about your logline... 

I absolutely love this already! Very nicely done with turning the tables and making the human the zoo animal.

Am currently having a 'wish I'd thought of this' moment!
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:27pm

PARADISE

Thanks Miss Moosie. :)
Hopefully I did the logline justice. It was really hard to find the balance of having enough lead-in to make the whole thing make sense, yet leaving enough room to do "the event" justice. Fingers crossed everyone won't read this and wish they'd stopped with the logline. LOL
Dang, my writer insecurity is showing. ;-)

Hello! 

I'm sure your intriguing logline is definitely going to be reflective of your overall script - I need to know what happens!! And it seems like you've totally opened up all sorts of possibilities if you want to go beyond five pages.

PS: I get major anxiety on the forums. I'm scared to post. (I also generally need help to post because I'm rubbish at posting.) I then can't bear to look after I've posted as I always hate everything I've done. When I finally brace myself to look, everyone is so nice constructive and helpful that I wish I'd looked sooner and could throw myself into it all more...! Grrr! 

Anyway, you've taken these (a bit tricky to say the least) prompts and I'm really looking forward to reading your script!! 

Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:02pm

A WONDERFUL WORLD
Mistakes, accidents, and poor judgment are all part of human nature.
Maybe they don't have to be.

You always manage to intrigue me with your loglines. This one is another great example. What genre did you end up going with? I'm bouncing on my feet hoping this goes as sci-fi as it sounds. :D

Thank you so much for saying! I put a little more thought into this one and got a bit of help. It initially had a very different title, and the logline was a quote! We should have a thread for discarded titles and tags, haha. My genre was: open. Like everyone! Evil Smile LOL (Email me if you want and I'll spill.)

All of these sound so freaking good!
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by manifestlynot manifestlynot wrote:

Originally posted by alexdsut alexdsut wrote:

Nula

A lifelong bond is formed between a deaf girl and the gorilla who saved her life.

Genre: Drama

----- 

These all sound terrific! I made it a personal goal not to make this comedy as it seemed that's exactly what the prompts wanted, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna conform :D

We both went the gorilla route, haha! Can’t wait to read!

I almost went there, too! It was my number one choice, but I couldn't get it sorted between my head and the page. Broke my heart. So I'm obviously super excited to read these!
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:11pm

A WONDERFUL WORLD
Mistakes, accidents, and poor judgment are all part of human nature.
Maybe they don't have to be.

I'm very intrigued by this - it's such a cool premise. It's sounding like you're opening up a really interesting debate about random free will vs. intelligent control, and which is ultimately the more destructive/constructive. 

Can't wait to read it anyway!

Thank you! There is a little bit of this idea in there, but you've made it sound way cooler than it actually is. I really don't know how to feel about this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>