NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

A WONDERFUL WORLD
Mistakes, accidents, and poor judgment are all part of human nature.
Maybe they don't have to be.

You always manage to intrigue me with your loglines. This one is another great example. What genre did you end up going with? I'm bouncing on my feet hoping this goes as sci-fi as it sounds. :D
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:44am
Originally posted by haole haole wrote:

Extraction of the Zookeeper

Logline: Years after a global calamity kills most of the planet, a man investigates tales of a woman who finds and keeps animals. 

Ooooo, I like the sound of this one, too! So many great ideas!!! :)
I do hope you post it. I was considering going post-apocalyptic and this one seems to be in that general direction, which I'm a huge fan of reading. Will keep eyes out for it if you post.
--Tracy
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

The Origin of The Origin Of Species

Social circumstance and clumsiness have prevented the young Charles Darwin from pursuing his dreams.
But tonight, humanity's 
future will be inspired by its past.

Genre: Historical Fiction Comedy Drama

I'm really looking forward to reading all these. Kudos to everyone who's managed to work around the 'accident prone' prompt to deliver something 'straight'. I just couldn't!

Your genre blend alone has me dying to read it, Tim. I'm trying to think of a good abbreviation for this combo. HicFicComeDra? LOL  Seriously, you make me wish I *hadn't* gone straight with mine. Darn you. ::shaking fist and laughing::

--Tracy
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:50am
Originally posted by VitruvianFilms VitruvianFilms wrote:

Humans are Monsters

A human escapes from a rare zoological enclosure, and the alien zookeepers must track her down.  

Sci-fi/comedy, sort of intended it to be animated

Niiiiiiice!

I'm hogging up space on this thread replying to everyone, but darn it, they're all so dang good! Yours makes me think of Planet of the Apes, but in the coolest possible way. I hope you post it.

--Tracy
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:58am
Originally posted by alexdsut alexdsut wrote:

Nula

A lifelong bond is formed between a deaf girl and the gorilla who saved her life.

Genre: Drama

Wow Alex - just the logline feels so dramatic. If the story follows suit, you had nothing to worry about. I think we all felt that exhausted, near tears, ready to collapse reaction by midnight (if not sooner). I can't wait to read this.

--Tracy (former/kinda still heat mate). ;-)

Edited by T.E. Bradford - 21 Jul 2019 at 10:58am
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by alexdsut alexdsut wrote:

Nula

A lifelong bond is formed between a deaf girl and the gorilla who saved her life.

Genre: Drama

----- 

These all sound terrific! I made it a personal goal not to make this comedy as it seemed that's exactly what the prompts wanted, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna conform :D

We both went the gorilla route, haha! Can’t wait to read!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
funkadillo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkadillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 1:01pm
Stay Behind The Bars

When a bumbling zoologist interns at a new job, he must earn the respect of a no-nonsense boss who is convinced that he’s too soft to handle the crushing frenzy of feeding time.

Genre: Comedy(??) I'm... not actually sure, it kinda got away from me...

So many of these loglines sound great! I can't wait to read such varied takes on the prompts. This round was the most difficult for me by far. Not only the tight deadline, but that strict page limit fought me over every unnecessary word and joke I wanted to cram in there.

montmorency View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote montmorency Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 1:53pm
Title: Animal Magnetism

A late-night talk show host reevaluates his belief in curses when a supermodel brings bad luck to a taping. If only cheetahs weren't booked for the same show...

=
Genre: Comedy 

The title is lame - it really doesn't have anything to do with the story - but after writing and editing all day I just didn't have it left in me to come up with something better!
The Fnord View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Fnord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:25pm
Eugene

Romantic Comedy

Eugene can't work up the courage to speak to his crush. Thankfully, his proclivity for getting injured gives him plenty of second chances.
----
We got lukewarm reactions during the beta phase so we had to scramble last night. Looking forward to hearing feedback.

Edited by The Fnord - 21 Jul 2019 at 2:26pm
MissMoosie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMoosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

A WONDERFUL WORLD
Mistakes, accidents, and poor judgment are all part of human nature.
Maybe they don't have to be.

I'm very intrigued by this - it's such a cool premise. It's sounding like you're opening up a really interesting debate about random free will vs. intelligent control, and which is ultimately the more destructive/constructive. 

Can't wait to read it anyway!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>