NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Final Round Titles and Loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 1:48am
Originally posted by MissMoosie MissMoosie wrote:

The Guests 

When a couple visit a resort and zoo on a Greek island with their accident-prone toddler, they really do get away from it all. Just not in the way they were expecting.

Genre I was going for: Suspense/Horror
Genre I ended up with: Not sure - hopefully one/both of the above...!

I am so beatdown exhausted right now that I read the first line as: When a couple visit a resort and zoo with their ANCIENT TODDLER...

And it sounded super cool! Your actual idea sounds wonderful, too. I do hope you post it.

haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:24am
Extraction of the Zookeeper

Logline: Years after a global calamity kills most of the planet, a man investigates tales of a woman who finds and keeps animals. 

Read my 1st Round 250-word story Emergency Meeting
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:33am

The Origin of The Origin Of Species

Social circumstance and clumsiness have prevented the young Charles Darwin from pursuing his dreams.
But tonight, humanity's 
future will be inspired by its past.

Genre: Historical Fiction Comedy Drama

I'm really looking forward to reading all these. Kudos to everyone who's managed to work around the 'accident prone' prompt to deliver something 'straight'. I just couldn't!

Edited by Tim G - 21 Jul 2019 at 2:33am
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 2:42am
Originally posted by haole haole wrote:

Extraction of the Zookeeper

Logline: Years after a global calamity kills most of the planet, a man investigates tales of a woman who finds and keeps animals. 

This sounds so cool!
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:05am
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

The Origin of The Origin Of Species

Social circumstance and clumsiness have prevented the young Charles Darwin from pursuing his dreams.
But tonight, humanity's 
future will be inspired by its past.

Genre: Historical Fiction Comedy Drama

I'm really looking forward to reading all these. Kudos to everyone who's managed to work around the 'accident prone' prompt to deliver something 'straight'. I just couldn't!

I love that genre! ;-)

This sounds awesome. Can't wait to read it.

Can't wait to read all of them!
VitruvianFilms View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VitruvianFilms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 3:06am
Humans are Monsters

A human escapes from a rare zoological enclosure, and the alien zookeepers must track her down.  

Sci-fi/comedy, sort of intended it to be animated
alexdsut View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexdsut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 4:23am
Nula

A lifelong bond is formed between a deaf girl and the gorilla who saved her life.

Genre: Drama

----- 

These all sound terrific! I made it a personal goal not to make this comedy as it seemed that's exactly what the prompts wanted, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna conform :D
haole View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 9:08am
Originally posted by alexdsut alexdsut wrote:

These all sound terrific! I made it a personal goal not to make this comedy as it seemed that's exactly what the prompts wanted, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna conform :D

Haha, yep. I rebelled against the comedy as well and went super dark with mine.
Read my 1st Round 250-word story Emergency Meeting
JeffreyHowe View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeffreyHowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:02am
Originally posted by alexdsut alexdsut wrote:

Nula

A lifelong bond is formed between a deaf girl and the gorilla who saved her life.

Genre: Drama

----- 

See, I knew people would rebel against obviously comic prompts, so I rebelled against the rebellion and went funny. LOL
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 10:40am
Originally posted by MissMoosie MissMoosie wrote:

The Guests 

When a couple visit a resort and zoo on a Greek island with their accident-prone toddler, they really do get away from it all. Just not in the way they were expecting.

Genre I was going for: Suspense/Horror
Genre I ended up with: Not sure - hopefully one/both of the above...!

Ooooh, this sounds intriguing! Especially since you note going for suspense/horror! Can't wait to read. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>