NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Most Valuable NYCM Nugget

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2019 at 4:00pm
So this may sound primitive, but here it is.

Writers beat up on themselves a lot. We demand perfection from ourselves when that isn't always possible. Writing is like yoga--some days you can hold a tree for a minute and other days the left foot slides down the leg within ten seconds. 

So here is what I learned about myself. I finished a story by the required deadline, completing several rounds of editing before submitting. And I followed the submission guidelines to the letter. 

And the NYC Midnight gods received an offering in full compliance and said it was good.

So I learned I am not the worst writer nor the worst person in the entire world since some writers who also paid the contest entry fee can't manage either or both.

I at least fulfilled those tasks.

Gale
lizarose View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizarose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2019 at 5:14pm
I have learned that I have a short memory ... What was the question... Seriously- I should go back and review all feedback every time I write especially under pressure.  I learn, I improve but then forget the basics in the crunch of competition. Spelling and grammar get me every time! Unhappy But if I can remember to remember then my writing improves!! 
I love the generosity of this group (and must apologise for being inactive in the forum this challenge... but I aim to provide nore feedback in Challenge 2) and dfeel at home here.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345