NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 2 Results!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by Tim G Tim G wrote:

Well well well. Bring it on - except this Saturday I'm moving with my whole family to France via plane, train and automobile... so wish me luck finding the time! 

Holy Hard Time, Tim!!! Here's hoping you're plane or train... <:- )
Not that I don't think for a second you can't still pull it out.
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:24pm
Someone said a few days ago, "Just don't get sick!" And I wish I'd never read it. It was a jinx, I tell you!

What the heck is it about these contests that destroys my immune system? I mean, all I do is stare at a screen for days on end with no sleep, fail to drink enough water, spiral-stress about deadlines that somehow turns into a cry about how finite time is, and snuggle my 24 snotty children when I need a break from trying to solve for "mosquito netting" in a stupid story about firehouses.

Oh, never mind.

Hope one of our prompts is 'throat on fire' because I'll KILL IT.
sgspeed View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgspeed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:30pm
Congrats to all moving on!!  This would have been a great weekend to write, for once. Not traveling, no house guests to entertain (FF last weekend).  So I guess I'll just read this weekend!  

See you over at FF!
MF250 The Mother
250 MF RD.2 Hush Little Baby
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

Someone said a few days ago, "Just don't get sick!" And I wish I'd never read it. It was a jinx, I tell you!

What the heck is it about these contests that destroys my immune system? I mean, all I do is stare at a screen for days on end with no sleep, fail to drink enough water, spiral-stress about deadlines that somehow turns into a cry about how finite time is, and snuggle my 24 snotty children when I need a break from trying to solve for "mosquito netting" in a stupid story about firehouses.

Oh, never mind.

OMG, right?!? I totally whiffed on the FF contest because I've been down with bronchial pneumonia! In summer, for heaven's sake. Ugh. Thankfully I'm on the mend now, but yeah, time to hydrate for sure! And maybe sleep in tomorrow and let hubby handle the 24 snotty children (well, only 1, but he's ADHD so it's like he's 24...). LOL

Oooooo, I'm a baaaaaad mommy....
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:40pm

Oh, never mind.

Only 24 of your children are snotty?  So...most of them are healthy.  That's a bonus.

I'm afraid I might be responsible for this.  I was feeling pretty rocky last weekend (only a match and a writing contest; it's not like the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH is the same weekend as Flash round 2 and I'm going to be suffering from heat exhaustion both days, not to mention the inevitable self-flagellation for performing below expectations.  I only expect perfection, after all)

I probably left an infected post on the boards.

In fact, I'm thinking that might be what happened to the board.  It caught my cold.
This sig intentionally blank
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by T.E. Bradford T.E. Bradford wrote:

Oh, never mind.

OMG, right?!? I totally whiffed on the FF contest because I've been down with bronchial pneumonia! In summer, for heaven's sake. Ugh. Thankfully I'm on the mend now, but yeah, time to hydrate for sure! And maybe sleep in tomorrow and let hubby handle the 24 snotty children (well, only 1, but he's ADHD so it's like he's 24...). LOL

Oooooo, I'm a baaaaaad mommy....

Sorry to hear you're feeling icky, too. Blargh. I'm rediscovering popsicles and highly recommend. Thumbs Up

(I only have three children, whom I love and adore, but it feels like a lot of kids when someone always has a cold!)
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 1:46pm
Fie on you, Random!

(Your kid line made me guffaw.)
Paula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

Originally posted by Paula Paula wrote:

Congratulations to everyone who participated and to those who made it to the final. Well done!! Although I didn’t go through this time, it’s been lots of fun. This contest has shaken the creative bug in me and I now want to write and write...

And of course, the forum is gold. Great bunch of people to learn from :-)

I’m doing Flash too, so I have another NYCM competition to look forward to.

P x

Paula - I didn't get to review your screenplay, but I will go review your flash piece later today if it's posted!

No worries Alex - I have been at odds with the hyperlink for FF, but I think it works now!
Screenwriting 2023 R1 G8: DEVIL'S RISING
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 2:26pm
Well done to all of you progressing to the final. Go forumites!
Having earned an HM, it’s kind of bittersweet to hit the post (so near but yet so far!) and I’m now wishing I’d put in a couple of things that I’d planned but missed, but I will not be alone in the ‘regrets’ camp regarding ‘coulda, shoulda, woulda’ 😊

Hope the prompts are kind to you all. Flash is proving to be fun, fun, fun and so good to see so many newcomers.

Paula x
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234