NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Challenge 1 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 65666768>
Author
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nehasrivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 1:35am
Group 61, Romance/ Fairground/ No Treapassing 
Title - Khumb, 
synopsis - when Janeshan goes to cover the kumbh fair that is registered in the genius Book for the maximum number of visitors, he realises that only one person in this human sea, mattered to him... he has to find her in a crowd of 30 million

Edited by Nehasrivi - 21 Jul 2019 at 1:37am
GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by koalakisser koalakisser wrote:

I dunno how I linked to your story - perhaps off someone else’s feedback but I’m so glad I did!! What a great read from start to finish. The big thrill was in that final punch & as not to disclose any spoilers I would just like to say...I might need to find out how to apply...not for validation of course hahaha 

I had Sci-fi...would love feedback if u have time. 

Thanks for sharing I am sure the judges will love it as well! 

Hello KK, 

I don't know if you were addressing me about my story, but I read your story. I thought the premise was very provocative and interesting. It seemed like such a rich story, chock full of details about life in that age and time. It as frightening to think young people who had been once cured from disease would be sold out by their family for money.

I liked the idea of every young person having a bird and it was quite moving to learn that all those birds were exterminated and removed from the circle of life. One suggestion I can offer is that the bird is a character itself, and I wanted it to play a bigger role in your protection, especially against the Grays.

Do you like writing Sci Fi or you just rose to the challenge?
GaleGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GaleGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 8:24am
Originally posted by koalakisser koalakisser wrote:

I dunno how I linked to your story - perhaps off someone else’s feedback but I’m so glad I did!! What a great read from start to finish. The big thrill was in that final punch & as not to disclose any spoilers I would just like to say...I might need to find out how to apply...not for validation of course hahaha 

I had Sci-fi...would love feedback if u have time. 

Thanks for sharing I am sure the judges will love it as well! 

Hello KK,

I am not certain whether you were reaching out to me, but I read your story regardless. I liked it a great deal. It was an intriguing concept and you executed it well. It was so full of rich details and such a gripping story, it's difficult to believe you accomplished all that in l,000 words.

It was shocking that they would rob a 17-year-old girl of her life just for having a disease she'd been cured of. Or that her parents would sell her body for money. But that is what it made your tale so compelling.

I liked the idea of each child having a kestrel. I think you could make the story even stronger at the end by giving the kestrel something to do to show the bird's loyalty to your viewpoint character...to have the bird actually do something so it becomes more than a cool idea in the piece. 

Best of luck to you. 

If you meant this for me, thank you for stopping in on my work.

LIVINGSTON View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIVINGSTON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:30pm
Flash Fiction 2019 - Challenge 1
Group 64 - Horror/A ship graveyard/A canoe

Synopsis: A tortured man looks for his missing soul in a sea of black water.
Flash Fiction
Challenge 1: Soul Searching (HORROR)
LIVINGSTON View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LIVINGSTON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
Group 64 - Horror/A ship graveyard/A canoe

Synopsis: A tortured man looks for his missing soul in a sea of black water.
Flash Fiction
Challenge 1: Soul Searching (HORROR)
JessBarratt View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JessBarratt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 4:36pm
Group 110: Political Satire // An All-You-Can-Eat Restaurant // A Firehose

All-You-Can-Eat Special

Synopsis: Two men watch a parade from the window of a forgotten restaurant, hoping that nothing new finds its way inside.

This community is amazing! Thank you all so much for your stories, perspectives, and feedback!
xo

GillenLiam View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GillenLiam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2019 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by jelouise jelouise wrote:

Originally posted by TrishArrowsmith TrishArrowsmith wrote:

Originally posted by GillenLiam GillenLiam wrote:

When a London carnival turns into a murder scene, the police overlook the cultural significance of a crime scene clue. 

I'm really interested to see how you did this in such a small amount of words! Smile

This sounds really cool!

Hey, I have actually posted this now, in the right place hopefully (I have no idea what im doing!) 

If you could take a look id really appreciate it 
mhiggins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhiggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:21pm
Group 58: Horror, A Cake Shop, A Weight Lifting Belt.

Title: Stay Hungry

Synopsis: What happens when a man realizes he’s gone too far in a search for perfection…

This is my first time with NYC Midnight, and man am I rusty! Fun to belt out a short one in a few hours, though! Enjoying reading all of the other efforts, too. This is good for all of us. Shout out to my old friend Karlynn who nudged me toward entering.

Edited by mhiggins - 24 Jul 2019 at 10:22pm
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by mhiggins mhiggins wrote:

Group 58: Horror, A Cake Shop, A Weight Lifting Belt.

Title: Stay Hungry

Synopsis: What happens when a man realizes he’s gone too far in a search for perfection…

This is my first time with NYC Midnight, and man am I rusty! Fun to belt out a short one in a few hours, though! Enjoying reading all of the other efforts, too. This is good for all of us. Shout out to my old friend Karlynn who nudged me toward entering.

Make sure you post this in the Flash Fiction Challenge 2019 Review forum!! This part of the forum is public. You will want to create a "New Topic" in the private part of the forum. :)
#amrevising
BleuSky View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BleuSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 12:02pm
Group 21/An Ice Cream Truck/a dart

Let’s Taco ‘Bout Love

After a bad break up Rosa finds out if ice cream really can solve all her problems.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 65666768>