NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Swap?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Swap?
    Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 11:40pm
Hello hello!  I just finished the first (and I mean verrrry first) draft of a ~90 page comedy that I would like to whip into some kinda shape before I go to a writers conference the first weekend of August.

It's about a demon and a pastor, and having just written it I know I have blind spots.  (Though I do know my dialogue is ALWAYS too on-the-nose in the first draft and my jokes need punching-up).

Does anyone have a feature they'd like to swap beta reads for, hopefully within the next week?

My email is alexandrakeister@gmail.com.

Happy writing!  :)
Alexandra
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 1:30am
I'm up for it! I don't have anything to show at the moment, can send you something down the line xxx
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by beckyrcollins beckyrcollins wrote:

I'm up for it! I don't have anything to show at the moment, can send you something down the line xxx

You're a lifesaver; thank you!!!  I will email you -- and yes please, send me anything any time!  <3 
jalex77 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jalex77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 5:46pm
I'm down to read. I'm in the same boat as Becky, though. But it's nice to have willing readers when I do have something!
Check out my R2 screenplay:Gris and Lupe Vs the Big Hog
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2019 at 11:21am
Originally posted by jalex77 jalex77 wrote:

I'm down to read. I'm in the same boat as Becky, though. But it's nice to have willing readers when I do have something!

Yay!  Thank you!!  I'll PM you :)
NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 1:47am
I have something that could use a fresh set of eyes, but it's not a feature, it's a TV pilot... drama, little sci-fi-ish, I just can't seem to find the problem with it. If you're interested in tackling that, I'll send it via email and you can send me your feature. Let me know. And sorry I took forever to reply... I'm prepping a film shoot, and I'm swamped. Your script will give me a needed diversion.
Wen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
I don't have time to read, but I am curious about the conference. where are you going?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Wen Wen wrote:

I don't have time to read, but I am curious about the conference. where are you going?

Willamette Writers in Portland -- this will be my fifth (I think) year in a row going, I look forward to it every year now!  

This year they'll have Scott Myers (he wrote the movie K9, but more than that he's the author of Go Into the Story, my favorite screenwriting blog ever!!), and Peter Craig (12 Strong, Blood Father, working on the new Top Gun and Gladiator).  

I don't have other conferences to compare this one too, but I always come away feeling like my batteries are recharged (aaaand they feed you breakfast/lunch/dinner AND SO MUCH COFFEE).

I recommend.  

:)
Wen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
Sounds like a great time. A bit far from me. Ok, more than a bit so it won't be in the cards this year. Thanks for the info! Always looking for new conferences to check out!
jalex77 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalex77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by Wen Wen wrote:

Willamette Writers in Portland -- this will be my fifth (I think) year in a row going, I look forward to it every year now!  

This year they'll have Scott Myers (he wrote the movie K9, but more than that he's the author of Go Into the Story, my favorite screenwriting blog ever!!), and Peter Craig (12 Strong, Blood Father, working on the new Top Gun and Gladiator).  

I don't have other conferences to compare this one too, but I always come away feeling like my batteries are recharged (aaaand they feed you breakfast/lunch/dinner AND SO MUCH COFFEE).

I recommend.  

:)

Willamette? I'm in Beaverton!
Check out my R2 screenplay:Gris and Lupe Vs the Big Hog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>