FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Feature Swap?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tannerm553 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tannerm553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feature Swap?
    Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:18pm
No problem! I’ll send my romance drama over as it’s the one that needs the most work and then when you’re ready go ahead and send yours over. :)

I’m not in any hurry for feedback so please take your time. I just appreciate the offer!
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic21245_post277010.html#277010

Round 2: Captain Hand-Man: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-h11-captain-handman_topic21307.html
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Tannerm553 Tannerm553 wrote:

I’m super late to the game here but I have 2 features that are many drafts in and being as that they did squat in the contest circuit I would love to Swap one of them with you. If you’re still up for it of course!

Both are dramas, one is a psychological romance drama and one is a pretty somber family grief drama. (Both 120 pages)

Let me know :)

YESSS that would be great, I'd love to read your features!

My betas have done a wonderful job of helping me see where I need to make some big changes -- mind if we wait a week or two?  My hope is to power through this next draft so I'm crossing my fingers it's sooner, but soon enough I hope to have something!

Send me yours whenever -- I'll need something for when I hit a wall but still want to be productive!  :)

(And the romance is what interests me most, but please send what you want looked at most!)

Also -- CONGRATS on your HM!!!  :D  High-five to Captain Hand-Man :)
Tannerm553 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tannerm553 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 8:21am
I’m super late to the game here but I have 2 features that are many drafts in and being as that they did squat in the contest circuit I would love to Swap one of them with you. If you’re still up for it of course!

Both are dramas, one is a psychological romance drama and one is a pretty somber family grief drama. (Both 120 pages)

Let me know :)
https://forums.nycmidnight.com/topic21245_post277010.html#277010

Round 2: Captain Hand-Man: https://forums.nycmidnight.com/r2-h11-captain-handman_topic21307.html
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by bartelbysamsa bartelbysamsa wrote:

Hello, MissKeister!

If you still need willing eyes attached to willing brains, I'd be up for reading. I haven't got anything to swap, but - hey! I like reading, alright!

The only thing is, I probably won't be able to until maybe next week. When would you need feedback by?

That is very generous of you, thank you!!  Sometime before August, so next week is wonderful!  I will PM you :)
bartelbysamsa View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bartelbysamsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 9:11am
Hello, MissKeister!

If you still need willing eyes attached to willing brains, I'd be up for reading. I haven't got anything to swap, but - hey! I like reading, alright!

The only thing is, I probably won't be able to until maybe next week. When would you need feedback by?
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by jalex77 jalex77 wrote:

Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

Originally posted by Wen Wen wrote:

I don't have time to read, but I am curious about the conference. where are you going?

Willamette Writers in Portland -- this will be my fifth (I think) year in a row going, I look forward to it every year now!  

This year they'll have Scott Myers (he wrote the movie K9, but more than that he's the author of Go Into the Story, my favorite screenwriting blog ever!!), and Peter Craig (12 Strong, Blood Father, working on the new Top Gun and Gladiator).  

I don't have other conferences to compare this one too, but I always come away feeling like my batteries are recharged (aaaand they feed you breakfast/lunch/dinner AND SO MUCH COFFEE).

I recommend.  

:)

Willamette? I'm in Beaverton!

Yesss!  I should really look at people's mini-bios under their usernames more often.  I'm just in Albany!  Have you heard of the conference?  
jalex77 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jalex77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by MissKeister MissKeister wrote:

I don't have time to read, but I am curious about the conference. where are you going?

Willamette Writers in Portland -- this will be my fifth (I think) year in a row going, I look forward to it every year now!  

This year they'll have Scott Myers (he wrote the movie K9, but more than that he's the author of Go Into the Story, my favorite screenwriting blog ever!!), and Peter Craig (12 Strong, Blood Father, working on the new Top Gun and Gladiator).  

I don't have other conferences to compare this one too, but I always come away feeling like my batteries are recharged (aaaand they feed you breakfast/lunch/dinner AND SO MUCH COFFEE).

I recommend.  

Willamette? I'm in Beaverton!
Check out my R2 screenplay:Gris and Lupe Vs the Big Hog
Wen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 8:39pm
Sounds like a great time. A bit far from me. Ok, more than a bit so it won't be in the cards this year. Thanks for the info! Always looking for new conferences to check out!
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:38pm

I recommend.  

Wen View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 5:20pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>