FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selling Stories I wrote for this

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selling Stories I wrote for this
    Posted: 28 Jun 2019 at 3:30pm

Q.  Who owns the rights to the stories created during the competition?

A.  You, the writer.  NYC Midnight reserves the right to publish the synopsis and e-mail address of any writer that enters the competition for publicity purposes, but that's it.  In some cases we reach out to the writers to publish their stories on our website, but a separate agreement is made for the story.

Q.  Can I post the story I create for this competition on my personal website or social media?  Can I submit it to other competitions?

A.  Yes.  Since you retain all the rights to the stories you create during our competitions, you are welcome to do whatever you like with them.

There doesn't seem to be any time limit. Given most markets take a least thirty days to get back on submissions and most longer, I wouldn't bother waiting. 

Scribbles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:04am
I've already been knocked out. so I guess I can shop the pieces around. 
lisafox10800 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisafox10800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by Scribbles Scribbles wrote:

I can't find it in the rules, but I know I have to wait a certain amount of time before selling the stories that I wrote for this. How long do I have to wait? I made it past the first round, but was knocked out in the second.

I usually wait until results are in for any given round before sending a piece out for submissions.

lisafoxiswriting.com
My short story collection, Core Truths, is now available wherever books are sold.
Scribbles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 10:57pm
I can't find it in the rules, but I know I have to wait a certain amount of time before selling the stories that I wrote for this. How long do I have to wait? I made it past the first round, but was knocked out in the second.
 Post Reply Post Reply