NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noobie Scriptwriters Group ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristiLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

I'd be interested in setting up a group like that here... I've gotten comfortable knowing that my fellow NYCM-ers aren't running amok plagiarizing my work and profiting. I'd be more inclined to group with all of you than with a bunch of total strangers. We've got some really great talent in the regulars who use the forums. It would be logical to do something like you're asking about here, as opposed to setting it up elsewhere.
Smile

Wait a minute...You mean to tell me I wasn't allowed to send your last script off to Steven Spielberg with my name on it? Wink Ha, just kidding! I haven't been here that long but I feel like this is a trustworthy group as well. I really enjoy chatting and learning from you all. Just let me know where the new group is set up and I'll join right in.
MF 100 Word '22 R1 G44 Good Boy
SCW '22 RD1 G29 Inseparable
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2019 at 11:30pm

I'd be interested in setting up a group like that here... I've gotten comfortable knowing that my fellow NYCM-ers aren't running amok plagiarizing my work and profiting. I'd be more inclined to group with all of you than with a bunch of total strangers. We've got some really great talent in the regulars who use the forums. It would be logical to do something like you're asking about here, as opposed to setting it up elsewhere.
Smile

I’m in! My other writing group is on Facebook. What does everyone think about that?

Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2019 at 7:53am

Smile

I'm not sure how easy it would be to navigate here, though. If it were a closed or private group on FB, it isn't accessible by anyone else, but could have multiple threads that are easy to follow. Can also be limited to invite-only membership. I'm definitely in (whether it's hosted here or somewhere else).
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:37am
All right, I'll set something up.

I recommend that you check out other resources as well!

Give me a few days; I'm in class learning Python right now because Old Dogs, New Tricks.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 12:59am
OK, I've created a Facebook group. I'll leave this up for a few days.

I think you have to ask to be invited in. I can't seem to invite you if you don't have a public Facebook profile.

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 3:28am
Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

I think you have to ask to be invited in. I can't seem to invite you if you don't have a public Facebook profile. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1699253203540083/
There are those of us who have lived completely contented lives without social media. Sadly, I will not be in your group, as I don't have a Facebook account, Instagram account, Twitter account, etc. Nor do I even want said accounts. <sigh>
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by stephenmatlock stephenmatlock wrote:

I think you have to ask to be invited in. I can't seem to invite you if you don't have a public Facebook profile. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1699253203540083/
There are those of us who have lived completely contented lives without social media. Sadly, I will not be in your group, as I don't have a Facebook account, Instagram account, Twitter account, etc. Nor do I even want said accounts. <sigh>

Sorry to hear that it won't work for you, Niles.

There are some forums out there that I've seen for screenwriters that don't use social media as the implementation.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12