NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Round 3 Titles and Synopses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Briana Una Briana Una wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

A renowned man of
science impresses all his party guests with his latest accomplishment. All his
party guests, save one.

These were my sleep-deprived thoughts about your title/synopsis at 1 a.m. this morning:

Did -- did you write The Rocky Horror Picture Show? Is the unimpressed party guest Columbia? ("He's okay!") Dr. Frank N. Furter IS a renowned man of science...

Also, now I'm singing "Wild and [a Well-Trained] Thing" in my head.

In all seriousness, this sounds great! But I was too amused not to share where my brain immediately, unreasonably went...

Haha! No, it's not Rocky Horror, and I hadn't even thought of that, though I suppose it does share some similarities! I consider it a Lovecraftian/farce/romantic tragedy. 
Cosima View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by SEHBicycle SEHBicycle wrote:

Digging My Own Grave

Between the “Eau de Formaldehyde” clinging to her hair and the stigma of living across from the cemetery, shy Evie Oller endures chronic mocking while evading her high school’s cliques. But when her dad speaks at career day, she’ll wish she could dive head-first into one of their fresh graves.

This sounds brilliant. LOL
SSC 2021 R2: Complex Fracture
SSC 2021 R1: Before Her Time 2nd
SJR090 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJR090 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 2:47pm

Low

Caroline always had the money to get George out of trouble. Now that she’s gone, he finds another way for her to pay off his debt.

It's really weird to see all these synopses that allude to so many different genres! Very excited to start reading.

Edited by SJR090 - 19 May 2019 at 3:56pm
larob View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote larob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 3:44pm
I really enjoyed this round! Here’s mine...

The Dead Don’t Lie
Whoever coined the phrase ’as silent as the grave’ should spend some time in my head.
Michelle75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Michelle75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 6:59pm
To Live or Die

Synopsis: Catherine, a medical student, mourns the loss of a friend and classmate after she commits suicide. 

(My title and synopsis sound lame compared to the rest of yours. Btw, this is my first time posting. I'm not sure how this forum works, but I'm jumping in.)

SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:05pm
Wow. I'm blown away by what I've read so far - and very intimidated...
Here's mine

Daisy Chain 

"The choices we make every minute of every day can contribute to making someone's life a little bit better or worse even without intending to." Chikamso Efobi

I feel like I've copped out a bit using a quote....  

SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Michelle75 Michelle75 wrote:

To Live or Die

Synopsis: Catherine, a medical student, mourns the loss of a friend and classmate after she commits suicide. 

(My title and synopsis sound lame compared to the rest of yours. Btw, this is my first time posting. I'm not sure how this forum works, but I'm jumping in.)

Hi Michelle! Welcome to the forum - you're going to love it Wink And it doesn't sound lame to me!
Michelle75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michelle75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:48pm
I used a quote in my story. I think using one for your synopsis is a great idea because I'm sure it 'works.' Good luck! Have you heard when we should expect results?
SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Michelle75 Michelle75 wrote:

I used a quote in my story. I think using one for your synopsis is a great idea because I'm sure it 'works.' Good luck! Have you heard when we should expect results?

Pretty sure the date is July 10th - long time away!! Also, a tip if you want to ask someone a direct question in the forum click on the quote button for the post. That way you get the post repeated and everyone knows exactly who/what your talking about Smile It took me ages to figure this out....
katevconway View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katevconway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2019 at 11:28pm

Dear John

One of the side effects of living is the business of dying. A Transcender meets a beautiful client and, after her clever seduction, everyone gets their just desserts.

SSC 2019 Finalist
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>