NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ready, steady...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heartstart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:29pm
If it's any consolation, I have only just started writing, with under 4 hours to go! (I blame the election upset last night - which some people are describing as "Australia's Trumpian moment"!)

The good news is that my story is all mapped out in my head, and I know exactly what's going to happen. 

Am super impressed that that rest of you have managed to finish a story (and in some cases, write two!). 
Holdo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Heartstart Heartstart wrote:

If it's any consolation, I have only just started writing, with under 4 hours to go! (I blame the election upset last night - which some people are describing as "Australia's Trumpian moment"!)

Yep, watching the horror unfold cost me most of yesterday evening too. Difficult to write through total existential despair. Could be why my story is so bleak.
SSC 2019: R1 R2 R3
Mystic Platypus View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Platypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:05pm
DONE! Clocked in at 1,496, went with my second story and had no time for betas. But I did it, and that’s that.
Nicole622 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nicole622 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Mystic Platypus Mystic Platypus wrote:

DONE! Clocked in at 1,496, went with my second story and had no time for betas. But I did it, and that’s that.

You did 2?! Oh my god. I just finished at 1499 words! Fighting the urge to just read it over and over until midnight.
Short Story Contest 2022 5th place
IG: @ncurtiswrites
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Platypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Nicole622 Nicole622 wrote:

Originally posted by Mystic Platypus Mystic Platypus wrote:

You did 2?! Oh my god. I just finished at 1499 words! Fighting the urge to just read it over and over until midnight.

You got this! Pat yourself on the back and relax. I’m sure it’s been a long day for all of us!
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:26pm
Submitted, by gum. Not at all crazy about it, and my synopsis absolutely sucks, but it's in. Now to obsessively go over the manuscript again in the 1/2 hour I have left, to see if I find any mistakes. Which I won't. Not until tomorrow, when it's too late, will I spot 'em.
regannoelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regannoelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:34pm
1,497 words, four cups of coffee, and one sleepless night later - I'm done! I think I've read this story so many times in search of errors that I've begun to hate it. Like, vehemently hate it. Not sure whether that's a good sign, but I'm just happy to have finished.
SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:37pm
As Austin Powers said 'And I'm spent'. 
roccapia View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by regannoelle regannoelle wrote:

1,497 words, four cups of coffee, and one sleepless night later - I'm done! I think I've read this story so many times in search of errors that I've begun to hate it. Like, vehemently hate it. Not sure whether that's a good sign, but I'm just happy to have finished.

I'm beginning to hate mine too. It must be a side effect of this contest. Get it??!! Side effect??!! Hahahah...oh bleh. I'm now drinking rum to drown my sorrows :P
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Platypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 11:43pm
Yeah I’m learning to hate mine too. Anyone else feeling insecure about sharing on the forum this round?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>