NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RESULTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justmel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:30pm
I think this was my fourth time getting into R2, but I've never gotten any further, so I'm thrilled with this HM!  It gives me hope that maybe one day I might actually make it to the finals, even if this isn't my year. Good luck to those moving on!
Mystic Platypus View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Platypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by lgeverdell lgeverdell wrote:

Holy forking shirtballs (sorry anyone who hasn't seen The Good Place and has no idea what I'm on about...) I can't even breathe right now! 

Also thrilled to see @Holdo! "Rightful Things" is amazeballs! Congrats! See you in the finals!  

...woah, that's a lot of exclamation points

I love the Good Place!
And OMG! Two first place stories?! How do I even stand a chance?!
bookmama View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bookmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:51pm
Nothing for me.
I was placed first in my heart in round one but nothing today. Still it's my first competition so it's probably what I should have expected!
Looking forward to reading the feedback.
khodina View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khodina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:07pm
Woohoo, I scraped by in 3rd place! Congrats to @NeilWhitfield for 2nd place in our heat, and also the author of the #1 story, who I would totally tag but I couldn't find it in the forums!!!!
Holdo View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by lgeverdell lgeverdell wrote:

Holy forking shirtballs (sorry anyone who hasn't seen The Good Place and has no idea what I'm on about...) I can't even breathe right now! 

Also thrilled to see @Holdo! "Rightful Things" is amazeballs! Congrats! See you in the finals!  

Congrats and thank you! Good to see you too. I'm shocked and delighted, though only half awake (5am here, what am I doing?). Good luck!!
SSC 2019: R1 R2 R3
Meggles View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:17pm
Dang. I didn’t even get honorable mention this time. I have a lot going on this weekend so it’s probablt for the best. Congrats to everyone moving on!!
FF 2021: C1
Parischick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Parischick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by khodina khodina wrote:

Woohoo, I scraped by in 3rd place! Congrats to @NeilWhitfield for 2nd place in our heat, and also the author of the #1 story, who I would totally tag but I couldn't find it in the forums!!!!

That’s me! Thanks, I am totally shocked. Congratulations to you and @NeilWhitfield too!! I’m now trying to figure out what I’m going to do with my kids this weekend as my husband is out of town, and I never thought I’d advance...
khodina View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khodina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Parischick Parischick wrote:

Originally posted by khodina khodina wrote:

That’s me! Thanks, I am totally shocked. Congratulations to you and @NeilWhitfield too!! I’m now trying to figure out what I’m going to do with my kids this weekend as my husband is out of town, and I never thought I’d advance...

Congrats!! Such an achievement. I also have a bunch of plans I need to cancel now, lol!
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 4:27pm
The results are in early?  That's unheard of!!  I think I'll faint. . .   

HM for me with a 4th Place, Worst Place!!! Finish.  
regannoelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regannoelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 4:30pm
I made it! I ended up getting second in my group, just like first round. I’ve been so busy since the submission day with school / family troubles / basically a life overhaul that I couldn’t dedicate any thought to this. I came back to find a lot of reviews I need to return (which I feel absolutely terrible about) and the results email. I didn’t even know it was supposed to be sent today? 
I had no expectation to make it to the next round, and I am both thrilled and full of fear. This is my first short story competition, and I’m really not sure what to expect for the next round. Either way, I am grateful I get to take part in it. 
There are a lot of stories that didn’t make it on the list that honestly flabbergasted me. I haven’t read a single story that I didn’t think was fantastic, and I hope that everyone is proud of the work they created and knows that they are so so so talented, regardless of the result they received. Truly, the talent in this competion is so high, and it’s all the better that the talent belongs to such an awesome, encouraging community. I’ve loved taking part in FFC2018 and SSC2019, and I can’t wait to continue working and seeing what greatness people create in finals and in FFC2019!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>