NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RESULTS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlmartinez400 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:36pm
Just an honorable mention here. Kinda sucks that I can't move on. I've been fighting a lot of confidence issues with my writing and it would have been nice to ride the high a bit longer. I'll be interested to read the feedback, though.

Congrats to all those moving on! Fight hard, Wordslingers!
Cassalass View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cassalass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:38pm
I didn't make it but what a great learning experience. Especially due to the the forum. Thanks all and best of luck. I'll watch for what's bound to be some terrific stuff in the final round.
R1,H55,Historical Fiction The Rat Merchant
R2,H11,RomanceOn Your Left
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 1:41pm
No nothing for me, but I can take the fact this was my first ever short story round 2 and build on it. Well done to everyone moving through. You're after them big dreams now.

TG
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
lgeverdell View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lgeverdell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:09pm
Holy forking shirtballs (sorry anyone who hasn't seen The Good Place and has no idea what I'm on about...) I can't even breathe right now! 

Also thrilled to see @Holdo! "Rightful Things" is amazeballs! Congrats! See you in the finals!  

...woah, that's a lot of exclamation points
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:10pm
Zip for me, but hey, it's a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I don't have to compete in the next level. On the other hand, I don't GET to compete in the next level.

Best of luck to all of you who are moving on!
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Cosima View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cosima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:15pm
I MADE IT!

I am flipping somersaults. I had SO much trouble with this one's bizarre prompts.

Good luck, everyone. There were some amazing stories this round and I hope who aren't moving on submit their work and get it published--you deserve it!
SSC 2021 R2: Complex Fracture
SSC 2021 R1: Before Her Time 2nd
ueberbill View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ueberbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:15pm
I'm out (and totally understand why, I wasn't happy with my plot at all) but as a first-timer just getting to the 2nd Round was both my goal and a cool accomplishment. I think I'll give Flash a try and will certainly be back for SSC next time. Congrats to all who advanced!
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:25pm
Totally out - welp, now I don't have to worry about getting that R3 story done and drive to Florida at the same time, haha. 
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:27pm
I'm also out, which I was expecting, but this was my first short story competition and I was thrilled to make it to round 2. I definitely learned a lot and look forward to the Flash Fiction contest! Congratulations to all who made it! Looking forward to reading the feedback from the judges. 

-Alex
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
Alex Grey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alex Grey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by northernwriter northernwriter wrote:

I'm also out, which I was expecting, but this was my first short story competition and I was thrilled to make it to round 2. I definitely learned a lot and look forward to the Flash Fiction contest! Congratulations to all who made it! Looking forward to reading the feedback from the judges. 

-Alex

Sad result - I thought Zelda was a great romp :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>