NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TracyThillmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyThillmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flash
    Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:49pm
Good Luck to you as well. Smile
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

*sits like Harry Potter under the Sorting Hat, muttering "Not Political Satire, not Political Satire...."*

Seriously. ANYTHING else. Even horror again.

LOL!  I'm with you, Girl!!  Please anything but that!

TrishArrowsmith View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrishArrowsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by TracyThillmann TracyThillmann wrote:

First time NYC challenge for me. Encouraged by some fellow writing peeps to sign up. Only 40 minutes before it kicks off, and I am both nauseated, and extremely excited. Don't know what to expect, so jumping in feet first. Shocked LOL

Same here (about your entire post)!
I'm impatiently waiting to see the prompt so I can react appropriately, (hopefully) get some sleep, and then start planning.

Good luck!!
Lookit There View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lookit There Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

methinks nod shall be sitting this one out. 
Carry on, wayward sons & daughters. 
<smooch> 
Well, I for one will miss this year's ghost story! Cry

Edited by Lookit There - 12 Jul 2019 at 11:29pm
TracyThillmann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TracyThillmann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:20pm
First time NYC challenge for me. Encouraged by some fellow writing peeps to sign up. Only 40 minutes before it kicks off, and I am both nauseated, and extremely excited. Don't know what to expect, so jumping in feet first. Shocked LOL
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by ottersdaughter ottersdaughter wrote:

After a year of basically no-showing here (rl stuff sucking up my mental/emotional/physical energy) I'm feeling ready to be back at it. In fact, I'm really looking forward to whatever I get.

That's right Universe, you heard me: Do. Your. Worst. Beer

Good to see you back!

ottersdaughter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ottersdaughter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 10:50pm
After a year of basically no-showing here (rl stuff sucking up my mental/emotional/physical energy) I'm feeling ready to be back at it. In fact, I'm really looking forward to whatever I get.

That's right Universe, you heard me: Do. Your. Worst. Beer
FF#1: Made with Magic (Horror)

2017 ShSc HM
2016 FFC & ShSc Finalist
TrishArrowsmith View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TrishArrowsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by JanetM JanetM wrote:

I'm in again and feeling nervous about the prompts! It's our 30th anniversary on Monday, and we're off on a little getaway for a couple days of touring wineries starting Sunday morning, so I have to pretty much write this thing on Saturday! Resubmitting Sunday night using hotel WiFi, perhaps a little drunk. 

Happy Anniversary!!  30 years is definitely something to celebrate! 

I'll be joining you with the limited time as I'll be working all day tomorrow.

Best of luck to you and the rest of our fellow writers.
JanetM View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanetM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:32pm
I'm in again and feeling nervous about the prompts! It's our 30th anniversary on Monday, and we're off on a little getaway for a couple days of touring wineries starting Sunday morning, so I have to pretty much write this thing on Saturday! Resubmitting Sunday night using hotel WiFi, perhaps a little drunk. 

Here's definitely hoping that the prompts are in my favour! I usually take ALL the time given. 
Mumser View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mumser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

I have to say.....I am genuinely open to anything as, it’s only once the prompts drop that you can truly start applying yourself to the process of story writing.  My first ever genre was thriller in Jan 2018 for the short story challenge and looking back, it was a tough one, but honestly, there are no easy ones. Also, I feared Political Satire so much that when I drew it last year for the first time in R2 for Flash.....I went into complete meltdown.....but scored higher than the Romance I wrote and absolutely loved for R1......Having had PolSat once, I no longer feared it and so when I drew it for 2019 R1 Short Story, I put my heart and soul into a story that I rate amongst my best ever....and yet I bombed out with an HM.......so, come 5am here in the UK, I am up for anything, as this wonderful world of NYCM pushes me to tackle things and genres I never thought I was capable of.....and I’m getting used to learning to cope and rise to that challenge of the OMG moment when you get the prompts and think ‘what am I going to do?’ and then dive in. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE. MAY THE PROMPTS BE FOREVER IN YOUR FAVOUR ❤️

Well said, Paula! Good luck!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>