NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Everything Else
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What on earth did I do to my forum views?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What on earth did I do to my forum views?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:35pm
Hi, I did something weird.

The new posts are showing up on Page 1 of a thread instead of the last page.

I feel like my brain is backwards.

Do you know how I can fix it? Thanks!
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 5:14am
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

Hi, I did something weird.

The new posts are showing up on Page 1 of a thread instead of the last page.

I feel like my brain is backwards.

Do you know how I can fix it? Thanks!

Wow. 4 years of this comp and I've never seen this happen before and it's just happened to me; posts loading in most-recent-first order. But only in Chrome, not safari.
WEIRD.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 5:19am
Ok want to know something weird? Your post's order is infecting mine!

I cleared out my browsing history, I fixed it, checked my own thread and a few others... they were all displaying most-recent-posts-last.

Then I went to yours... upside down. And so was mine again, and everyone else's!

So... weird. I'm going to read yours and then clear my cache again, suggest you clear yours too ASAP!

TG
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2019 at 7:07am
That is weird! I was able to fix mine, so that is extra extra weird (I am going to clear cache RIGHT NOW)
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:20am
That happened to me yesterday too.....it just went haywire for a while!
Fun and games :)
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2019 at 9:23am
I must have jinxed it......as it's just happened again.....I got ghost story....so the GHOST IS IN THE MACHINE!!!!
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 11:57am
This started happening to my master lists last year.  I had to redo the lists - well at least that is what I did, wanted to make sure everyone was able to use them in  a shot time rather than a long time screwing with them.
steph9289 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steph9289 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2019 at 1:16pm
I solved this mystery accidentally a few weeks ago. There are two buttons that cause this to happen (and they are very easy to hit accidentally).

On the page that shows all threads, there is a little yellow arrow next to "Last Post." And if you click it, it will reverse the order.

In an individual post, if you click "Message" at the top, it will also reverse the order of the posts. All you have to do is click the button again to fix it. :)
#amrevising
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 12:04am
Originally posted by steph9289 steph9289 wrote:

I solved this mystery accidentally a few weeks ago. There are two buttons that cause this to happen (and they are very easy to hit accidentally).

On the page that shows all threads, there is a little yellow arrow next to "Last Post." And if you click it, it will reverse the order.

In an individual post, if you click "Message" at the top, it will also reverse the order of the posts. All you have to do is click the button again to fix it. :)

I will watch for that in the next SSC, but pretty sure I did not hit anything accidentally - just logged in and everything was backwards everywhere.
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 9:43am
You know what's weird for me? I post my stuff, and it never wins.

Weird.

Wink
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>