NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why are we waaaaaaiiitiiiiiing?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why are we waaaaaaiiitiiiiiing?
    Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 12:28pm
Well as it goes, I asked Charlie that today, out of the usual day-three-impatience as I wait for the email permitting forum-uploads to arrive.

And the fellow answered very comprehensively. So here we go:

ME:

Hi Charlie
I have a question; why is there the three day delay between submission deadline and the 'ok to post on the forum' email going out?
Why not just let us go nuts as soon as the submission deadline's passed?
Thanks!
Tim G

CHARLIE:

Hi Tim,

The reason that we try to keep the submissions off the forums for a few days is because there are typically a lot of questions and requests that come in immediately following the submission deadline.  For example, people may have had technical difficulties with the website, uploaded an incorrect version and request an earlier upload be used, request that their backup email file be used instead of the upload, etc.  

We try to deal with these requests immediately before the confirmation emails go out and the review forum opens up.  But, you're right that it probably wouldn't make a difference if the forums were open immediately and we hope to shorten this up in the future if possible.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback.  Thanks for participating and best of luck in the latest competition!

--
Charlie Weisman
Competition Director
NYC Midnight, LLC
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
MissKeister View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:23pm
Thank you for asking the million dollar (or... $3,750?) question, Tim! Good to know they hope to shorten it up in the future.

*refreshes email once more*

Yep, waiting is hard.
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:27pm
He also confirmed emails are definitely going out today. You don't have long to wait Miss K.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:38pm
Way to spoil the mystery, Tim :(

LOL
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

Way to spoil the mystery, Tim :(

LOL

Fake news. 

We already know this contest is run by a human-hating green troll who lives under a tree.
This sig intentionally blank
Noel Alcoba View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noel Alcoba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:01pm
I always suspected it was a psychological experiment conducted by the competition runners.  They stalk the forums to observe how we navigate the emotional roller coaster of anticipation. Most likely it's research for some dystopian situational ethics novel they're collaborating on that involves people chewing off their own limbs.
R1 Rhyme G48 Side-Kicked
R1 100 G59 Ripples 11th
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:50pm
I sent him an email today, which I do every 3 months... to update the home page with the right icons beside the different competitions.  I don't know why it bothers me... 
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Noel Alcoba Noel Alcoba wrote:

I always suspected it was a psychological experiment conducted by the competition runners.  They stalk the forums to observe how we navigate the emotional roller coaster of anticipation. Most likely it's research for some dystopian situational ethics novel they're collaborating on that involves people chewing off their own limbs.

It's the only reasonable explanation.
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 11:54am
Good job Tom....er, Tim.

Nice to know they can also give us some wiggle room if we need it...…

Can I go back and have the whole 3 days please Charlie to tell you....Oh, the dog ate it (I have 2 cats... shhh), I fell asleep...it's 5am here you sadistic b*stards (true...I did and woke up at 3am and panicked!) Oh sorry, that bent up, out of shape piece of pooh I submitted was an OLD OLD OLD version..... I meant this one!!!???….(presents nicely tidied up, non-shoehorned polished piece!)

Curtain closes!

Edited by NYCNewbie - 24 Apr 2019 at 11:56am
Janetinputney View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Janetinputney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by NYCNewbie NYCNewbie wrote:

Good job Tom....er, Tim.

Nice to know they can also give us some wiggle room if we need it...…

Can I go back and have the whole 3 days please Charlie to tell you....Oh, the dog ate it (I have 2 cats... shhh), I fell asleep...it's 5am here you sadistic b*stards (true...I did and woke up at 3am and panicked!) Oh sorry, that bent up, out of shape piece of pooh I submitted was an OLD OLD OLD version..... I meant this one!!!???….(presents nicely tidied up, non-shoehorned polished piece!)

Curtain closes!

Oh no!  did you submit the wrong one?!   What a pain!!!   I feel for you!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>