NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Titles and loglines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:12am
Written in a record 1-hour and 10-minutes, with 12-minutes left to deadline... I was NOT going to let the idiots who claim to be my family keep me out of this. Certainly not my best writing, and it could have definitely used beta readers and a good proofreading. Nonetheless, here it is. Now, back to other problems...

GROUP 56
Romantic Comedy / Chain of Command / An Activist

YES, VIRGINIA, THERE REALLY ARE UNICORNS

An activist trying to save Asian Unicorns from extinction
is derailed by a handsome businessman. Sparks fly between
them when she discovers just what business he's really in.

I not sure I'll post it to the forums. I'll cross that bridge when the email comes in a few days. Cheers everyone!
Stern Smile
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

41 (I think?)
HistFic
Teacher
Enemy Territory

A STIRRING HISTORY
Before Ian Fleming introduced us to Bond, James Bond, he taught Naval Intelligence
how to win a war.

Looking forward to reading this!

Thanks, Suave! Got it in just in the nick of time. ;-)
jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:15am
Originally posted by NilesPerry NilesPerry wrote:

Written in a record 1-hour and 10-minutes, with 12-minutes left to deadline... I was NOT going to let the idiots who claim to be my family keep me out of this. Certainly not my best writing, and it could have definitely used beta readers and a good proofreading. Nonetheless, here it is. Now, back to other problems...

GROUP 56

I not sure I'll post it to the forums. I'll cross that bridge when the email comes in a few days. Cheers everyone!
Stern Smile

Aw, yeah!!! I hope you post it!
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:16am
R1 G42 | Ghost | Maternal | A Mortician

NO SPARROW FALLS UNSEEN

Can a burned-out mortician learn that death
is not just the closing of a casket but also the opening of a door?

Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

jdadams1 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdadams1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

Originally posted by jdadams1 jdadams1 wrote:

Group: 43 / Genre: Romantic comedy / Subject: Opposites attract / Character: A pilot

Alejandro Cruz & His Planetary Pirates, Episode IX: 
Cruising the Galaxy for Love

A rugged space pirate with commitment issues reconnects with an old flame during a top-secret piloting job. Will their stars align, or are they out of each others' orbits?

This sounds great, can't wait to read it!

Thank you! It was a labor of love, but I tried to have fun with it. 
Rainbowsockmonkey View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rainbowsockmonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:16am
G6:Spy/A double date/An ex-wife

Flauxtus
When Fake Melania is poisoned—again!—a retired spy is drawn into a mission to replace her.

NilesPerry View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NilesPerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:17am
Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

When you accept a challenge from a formidable rival in an attempt to save your loved ones, the last thing you need is a swarm of ghosts up your nose. But this mother and grandmother has until the next full moon to fulfil her task, and nothing's going to stop her.
Should "has" be "have? And doesn't "fulfill" have two Ls? You say "mother and grandmother," so who exactly is "her?" Sorry. I'm being really nit-picky. These just stood out as I was scrolling past. Disregard the tired guy who's being a jerk.
Ermm
Joni View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:21am

GROUP 56

Stern Smile

Yay!! Glad you got something in. I had to skip betas this round too, and I know my script suffered because of it. Oh well, though, something is better than nothing.
fioOxf View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fioOxf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:27am

Originally posted by fioOxf fioOxf wrote:

When you accept a challenge from a formidable rival in an attempt to save your loved ones, the last thing you need is a swarm of ghosts up your nose. But this mother and grandmother has until the next full moon to fulfil her task, and nothing's going to stop her.
Should "has" be "have? And doesn't "fulfill" have two Ls? You say "mother and grandmother," so who exactly is "her?" Sorry. I'm being really nit-picky. These just stood out as I was scrolling past. Disregard the tired guy who's being a jerk.
Ermm

Hi there! No, she's one person who's a mum and a gran, ie she has a son and a grandson. And fulfil and fulfill are both correct, but one L is more common in UK English. My spellcheck is UK so squiggly-underlines it if I use 2 Ls. 
The sun is coming up. I need to go to sleep! 
Night!
F
jalex77 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote jalex77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 12:27am
Now that it's over, that's when I start to freak out! Anyway, here's my thing:
Heat 44 (Mystery/ insatiable/ a garbage man)

"Yarrow Street"

"When neighborhood dogs start disappearing and a young black man is the main suspect, a single mother will have to aid him in clearing his name."

Edited by jalex77 - 21 Apr 2019 at 9:27am
Check out my R2 screenplay:Gris and Lupe Vs the Big Hog
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>