NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crawlers: The Audio Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFreshPen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crawlers: The Audio Story
    Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:00am
I love turning regular stories into audio stories. It's such a great experience listening to our words be brought to life through audio. Since NYC Midnight has 100s of different stories passing through its contest at any given time, I thought it would be cool to hear some of them in audio form in a podcast or something. 

So what I did was turn the 2018 NYC Midnight Short Story contest winning story "Crawlers" by Michael Tippett into a horror movie for your ears.

I would love for you to take a listen, let me know what you think, and tel me if you would be interested in subscribing to a NYC Midnight Podcast where some of our stories are featured in audio format like this.

https://soundcloud.com/thefreshpen/crawlers

Thanks for the listen and I hope to be hearing from you soon.

-Seth
TheFreshPen.ca
OnyxLily View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnyxLily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:37am
Ooh, I love audiobooks. I haven't listened yet but I'd definitely be keen to subscribe to something like that.

I might be able to help with recording some too, if you're looking for assistance. I have access to a sound studio where I work and have done audio work before. 
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:05am
I'm sure you did, but since you don't mention, you DID have the author's permission and cooperation, right? 

(And no, but I don't listen to any podcasts at all so that's nothing to do with the idea, which is not a bad one.)
TheFreshPen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheFreshPen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:08pm
Yes I did. 
TheFreshPen.ca
 Post Reply Post Reply