NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Screenwriting Bar & Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I've got nothing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 8:54am

It's astonishing what you pay attention to on the last day that you ignored on the first; heat, email address I used to sign up, name I used to sign up, whether or not they still allow multiple submissions, whether or not I emptied the last of yesterday's tea from my mug before I made hot chocolate this morning...

I submitted what I have.  Don't know if it's a screenplay, or horror, or worth reading, but there are words on twelve pages.  I sent it to a Master of Horror last night and haven't heard back; that's probably a bad sign.  I'm expecting instructions for uninstalling all of my word processors at some point.

This sig intentionally blank
Suave View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by Suave Suave wrote:

EEEEEKKKKK

It's astonishing what you pay attention to on the last day that you ignored on the first; heat, email address I used to sign up, name I used to sign up, whether or not they still allow multiple submissions, whether or not I emptied the last of yesterday's tea from my mug before I made hot chocolate this morning...

I submitted what I have.  Don't know if it's a screenplay, or horror, or worth reading, but there are words on twelve pages.  I sent it to a Master of Horror last night and haven't heard back; that's probably a bad sign.  I'm expecting instructions for uninstalling all of my word processors at some point.

You have a way with words, I would not be too worried.
I too made my first submission - not terribly pleased yet, but way better than three days ago. 
I blame the prompts, they just did not sing to me.  Did the best I could with what I came up with, but I have serious doubts.
I felt like I was writing to put people to sleep - Drama.
SisterRosetta View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SisterRosetta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:41am
Well...it's done.

Had way more fun on this one than short story, and thanks to great betas it's much better than it was (including a better final shot). 

Now to go find sunshine! Still time to go find the climate protestors in London and pitch up with my tent and a sense of 'Thank god, no more formatting dilemnas for a while'.

Good luck everyone!
Emmageek View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmageek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 4:00pm
So here I am, ass deep in historical fiction, hunger strike, and fireman...yeah.  So I have not been able to get very far until yesterday when the story finished its behind the scenes percolation and I'll be writing this afternoon.  Finishing up the outline and then spend the rest of the time fleshing out the arms, legs, torso and head...maybe it will even be a script...

:}
Emma
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 4:26pm
I have to go to a freaking DENTIST APPOINTMENT that I can't reschedule (because I have too many times this week, natch), and I only have (barely) four pages. I may just have them yank the thing out so I can get back here ASAFP.
NYCNewbie View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NYCNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 4:52pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

I have to go to a freaking DENTIST APPOINTMENT that I can't reschedule (because I have too many times this week, natch), and I only have (barely) four pages. I may just have them yank the thing out so I can get back here ASAFP.

And here I am feeling sorry for myself that I still have two scenes to write and then the whole thing to edit to try to make it fit the bloody prompts. Much respect to you. Get it done.....we all need to smash this. I am seeing too may stalwarts bomb out this round!

Sending good thoughts and prayers to which ever God or no God you prefer....

P x
DianaLouise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DianaLouise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:19pm
Ugh. I've been sick all week, and I'm really struggling with this one. I'm so tempted to quit, but I know I'll regret it. 

I've got six pages, but it's all crap, and I don't know how it's going to end.
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:50pm
I'm done. I have no idea if my story is done, lol, but I am. It's submitted and hopefully without typos because I'm done poking at it.
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
Tim G View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

CHANNEL THE PAIN
...unless you have romcom? In which case maybe don't.
Rhyming Story R2: Flying On Empty (Thriller)
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by DianaLouise DianaLouise wrote:

Ugh. I've been sick all week, and I'm really struggling with this one. I'm so tempted to quit, but I know I'll regret it. 

I've got six pages, but it's all crap, and I don't know how it's going to end.

Don't give up, Diana. I feel you - I've been dealing with an allergic reaction all week, which meant tons of Benadryl, which knocked me out and upset my stomach... ugh! You can do it. Just go with what makes you happy and don't worry about the rest. And if you need to brainstorm, PM me. I'd be glad to toss ideas around with you.
--Tracy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>