NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTION: Preparing for Round 3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by chrissie0707 chrissie0707 wrote:

Is anyone else getting twitchy waiting for results???

YES.  Now that I've been through this scenario once, I have come to the conclusion that I start to twitch about 2 weeks prior to results.  Seriously, I'm totally fine right up til that point but at T-minus 2 weeks...I start to gradually lose it. Smile

Edited by Lisa_Who - 02 May 2019 at 8:50pm
Edgelords are a bore.
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Lisa_Who Lisa_Who wrote:

Originally posted by chrissie0707 chrissie0707 wrote:

Is anyone else getting twitchy waiting for results???

YES.  Now that I've been through this scenario once, I have come to the conclusion that I start to twitch about 2 weeks prior to results.  Seriously, I'm totally fine right up til that point but at T-minus 2 weeks...I start to gradually lose it. Smile

Saaaaaaaaame.
beadbalm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beadbalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Furious Fiction starts their monthly flash contest in a few hours.

I don't quite know why I'm advertising it to a room full of strong competition, but there I went.

I am insanely curious to see what strong writers do with the word mayonnaise.
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:31pm
Speaking of which, I could use a couple of beta testers for said competition.

It's not a strong effort, my weekend got filled with annoying "life" 
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by beadbalm beadbalm wrote:

I don't quite know why I'm advertising it to a room full of strong competition, but there I went.

I've never written anything with word inclusion prompts before. I found it overwhelming at first. They took the fore and I started mentally drafting a domestic scene in which a couple were arguing while setting up a brunch for an important guest. I could tell it was going to be a bit of a nothing scene, so I let the prompts sit in the back of my head and slowly a detective noir tone started to creep in and that's what I've done. 
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
beadbalm View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beadbalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2019 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by beadbalm beadbalm wrote:

I've never written anything with word inclusion prompts before. I found it overwhelming at first. They took the fore and I started mentally drafting a domestic scene in which a couple were arguing while setting up a brunch for an important guest. I could tell it was going to be a bit of a nothing scene, so I let the prompts sit in the back of my head and slowly a detective noir tone started to creep in and that's what I've done. 

It was definitely different. Noir sounds like a good direction. Mine's mostly a semi-comic argument. So another argument, haha! Happy to switch betas, if you want. Just put a link in my in-box or your email address.
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 7:27pm
I don't think I have a shot at Round 3, but given that I forgot and booked a trip that requires me to drive approximately 11 hours the day I would need to be writing that Round 3 story, maybe I will get to Round 3. LOLConfused

zchgdn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zchgdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 6:21am
Well that month crawled by. I doubt I'm moving on to Round 3, but even if not, I'm glad I finally took on the challenge after years of seeing an ad for NYC Midnight on Facebook. :) 

Best of luck everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456