FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SC2019 beta reading

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
stephenmatlock View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenmatlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SC2019 beta reading
    Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by ChristiLB ChristiLB wrote:

I saw that there’s a spreadsheet going around of people who are willing to beta read - How should we send our scripts to people? Private message on here? Email? Just wondering for the next round! Thanks

The spreadsheet includes a column for people to give you their preferred method. So it depends upon what they post.
Pithy sayings are for the apt. For a longer message, you need a condo.

ChristiLB View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChristiLB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:32pm
I saw that there’s a spreadsheet going around of people who are willing to beta read - How should we send our scripts to people? Private message on here? Email? Just wondering for the next round! Thanks
iammalkovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iammalkovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2019 at 6:12pm
Oh that's great, will definitely do that when given the green light Smile 
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by T.E. Bradford T.E. Bradford wrote:

Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

Can anyone beta? I JUST finished my first draft. Hahaha. I'm delirious. I just need to know if it makes any sort of sense. Please email: spectaculavernacula@gmail.com. Thank you, and best of luck to all!

I PM'd you my email. Send away. I'll do as quick / thorough a read as I can. :)
Let me know if you want me to look for anything in particular.
--Tracy

Sent, thank you!
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Vernacula Vernacula wrote:

Can anyone beta? I JUST finished my first draft. Hahaha. I'm delirious. I just need to know if it makes any sort of sense. Please email: spectaculavernacula@gmail.com. Thank you, and best of luck to all!

I PM'd you my email. Send away. I'll do as quick / thorough a read as I can. :)
Let me know if you want me to look for anything in particular.
--Tracy
Vernacula View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vernacula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 10:39pm
beckyrcollins View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beckyrcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by iammalkovich iammalkovich wrote:

I've already sent off my submission but would love feedback regardless and I'm more than willing to read through and give feedback to anyone in need.

A couple of days after the deadline we get an email, usually on a Wednesday, to confirm submissions are in and we're okay to share stories. We do so on a link above by posting new topics with links to our stories, and everyone on the forum is free to read and comment on each other's work -- so don't worry about email your script out to anyone. 

It's a really lovely space to share and receive feedback. Hope you upload your script when we're given the thumbs up! Xxx
T.E. Bradford View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.E. Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Jess711 Jess711 wrote:

Ok, I just put my info in the googlesheet/database! Really need a beta, if someone is available to help a girl out!!! Would be happy to return the favor!

Jess :)

Emailed you. :)
iammalkovich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iammalkovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:55am
Hi everyone. 

First forum post. First attempt at this competition or any competition like it to be honest Smile

I found the random elements, learning a new formatting style, deadline and page limitation to be a really rewarding challenge, tough and time consuming but definitely rewarding.

I've already sent off my submission but would love feedback regardless and I'm more than willing to read through and give feedback to anyone in need.

I've added my info to the spreadsheet.
Jess711 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Regular
NYC Midnight Regular

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 11:10am
Ok, I just put my info in the googlesheet/database! Really need a beta, if someone is available to help a girl out!!! Would be happy to return the favor!

Jess :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>