NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Impatient

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeanbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by crez crez wrote:

My email states they received my first round submission but then gives the info about my second round story. 

Did this happen to anyone else?
no but I did get 2 confirmation emails with the same info. which tells me they might have had a merge/paste issue or email hiccup.  I'd contact them per the email asap.If the heat or title is incorrect, please let us know as soon as possible
FF R2G6 Virtual Fun
awayatpost View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Groupie
NYC Midnight Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awayatpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:22am
Mine weren't the same. The first email said "round 1 submission," but the second corrected it to "round 2."
northernwriter View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northernwriter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:22am
Same - I think they made an error in their template. But I did email them.
Microfiction 2021: 4th place overall
Flash Fiction 2020: 8th place overall
Random View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:25am
Originally posted by jeanbrown jeanbrown wrote:

My email states they received my first round submission but then gives the info about my second round story. 

no but I did get 2 confirmation emails with the same info. which tells me they might have had a merge/paste issue or email hiccup.  I'd contact them per the email asap.If the heat or title is incorrect, please let us know as soon as possible

Since the error was neither heat or title you lack authorization to send an email.  Round number was not one of the variables listed.

(...and people think I'm strange...I don't get it)
This sig intentionally blank
regannoelle View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regannoelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:26am
Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your Short Story Challenge 2019 first round submission titled “Solar” and it will be judged in Heat 9 - Comedy / Enemies / A saxophonist.

I got the email twice....

I did too! And panic emailed them immediately, before realizing that the first email said "first round submission" and the second email was probably just a correction of this. 
crez View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:35am
Originally posted by regannoelle regannoelle wrote:

Originally posted by nod1v1ng nod1v1ng wrote:

This e-mail is to let you know that we have received your Short Story Challenge 2019 first round submission titled “Solar” and it will be judged in Heat 9 - Comedy / Enemies / A saxophonist.

I got the email twice....

I did too! And panic emailed them immediately, before realizing that the first email said "first round submission" and the second email was probably just a correction of this. 

I got a second email ten minutes later that corrected it to second round, so I'm going to assume other people's emails triggered a general correction.

Thanks everyone!
manifestlynot View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manifestlynot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:43am
Haha I just came on to post about the double emails. Glad I didn't submit into two different heats or something!
Rhyming R1: Lionheart (Hist fic)
GallifreyGirl View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GallifreyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2019 at 11:58am
*Frozone voice* Where. Is. My. Confo email?
FFC20 R1 Born of the Sea
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123