NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post-submission lounge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>
Author
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roccapia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:00pm
I'm on my second glass of wine. And I'm not using a wine glass. I'm using a mug. So... My second MUG of wine. And chocolate. Lots of chocolate.
chrissie0707 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrissie0707 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:09pm
Submitted at exactly 2000 words. Feeling...God, maybe good? I pushed myself with this one. Did some different things. Wrote in a completely new style and perspective, and dug into some really heavy subject matter. Twas not an easy story to tell.

Now, back to this blueberry Moscato. Can't wait to see what everyone's done this round.
Mystic Platypus View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mystic Platypus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:13pm
Submitted for a fourth and final time. Lol. I won’t look at it again or else I’ll keep editing.
taaaylor View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taaaylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:13pm
I managed to get extremely sick over all 3 days of the contest. Spent-most-of-Saturday-night-at-the-ER sort of sick. My liver is a bit on fire because (most likely) hepatitis A has taken up residency in me. I'm amazed I got a story out at all. Couldn't have done it without my best friend helping me figure it all out, honestly.

Congrats to everyone who has made it across the finish line, and good luck to anyone using these last couple hours to make it <3 It's been such a joy writing with you all
SSC R1
250 Micro R2

SSC 2021 winner
BarbaraFL View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarbaraFL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:16pm
Glad I got it done on time, and I liked it more when I submitted than I did when I started. I don't think it's funny enough, or romantic enough, but I'm not horrified.

I do hate my title though, ha. I have no idea of why I left that as I did. Do they grade us for title ?! Confused
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Originally posted by Cosima Cosima wrote:

but I did the best I could with a weird set of prompts.

Yes, I think my heat definitely got the more straight forward of the two thriller prompts.

In an hour or two I'll check the assignments and realize I got my eyes crossed and just wrote a story for some other heat...

Big smile

Not going into how many times I checked the assignments in the last two days to make sure I wasn't doing just that!

It's in. It is what it is. Rom. Don't know if it's com enough. If they don't like it then if I do FFC again and get comedy I'll go full-bore Adams Aebler comedy. (As in jokes about death, crime, shooting birds, shooting cats, mental retardation, guns, armed robbery, terrorism, fetal alcohol syndrome, abortion, rape, electrical fires, God, and baking. I thought I had a dark sense of humor until I saw that movie. I'm now scared to watch Men and Chicken.
crumhorn View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crumhorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
I'm excited to see folks' titles & synopses once we're able to share!  I know there are at least three of us in heat 3 haunting these boards. :-)
FF22R1: Stories

SS22R3: Mystery
jennifer.quail View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennifer.quail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

Glad I got it done on time, and I liked it more when I submitted than I did when I started. I don't think it's funny enough, or romantic enough, but I'm not horrified.

I do hate my title though, ha. I have no idea of why I left that as I did. Do they grade us for title ?! Confused

I don't know if I hope they do or they don't. If they do I hope my judges know Kirkegaard.
Lisa_Who View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa_Who Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by jennifer.quail jennifer.quail wrote:

Originally posted by BarbaraFL BarbaraFL wrote:

I don't know if I hope they do or they don't. If they do I hope my judges know Kirkegaard.

The high point of the day was around 6 pm, when I decided I really liked my story after all.  But I just reread parts of it and now I don't like it anymore but it is SUBMITTED and THAT is THAT.  Done!!!  (I never want to see it again!)  omg, I'm about to go look at it again.  Somebody stop me.
Edgelords are a bore.
Briana Una View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Briana Una Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 10:38pm
I'm done early. I am usually all about tinkering until midnight, but I am TIRED and the thing is DONE. It could certainly be improved, but not tonight. I can't get the perspective I'd need. 

Also? I got suspense/an inspection/an author, and I went meta with it. Like, I don't know how you couldn't. I'm sure everyone did. We're in a WRITING COMPETITION, and you give me that prompt. 

...My point is, I wrote about second-guessing being a writer while I was second-guessing being a writer. I'm exhausted. There's nothing left. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 14>