NYC Midnight : Creative Writing & Screenwriting Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > GENERAL DISCUSSION > Creative Writing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post-submission lounge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Random Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Originally posted by Cosima Cosima wrote:

but I did the best I could with a weird set of prompts.

Yes, I think my heat definitely got the more straight forward of the two thriller prompts.

In an hour or two I'll check the assignments and realize I got my eyes crossed and just wrote a story for some other heat...

Big smile
This sig intentionally blank
Ennazus View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Newbie
NYC Midnight Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ennazus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
I still need to cut at least 438 words. Beta readers like the story, and (like me) have a hard time cutting anything. Took a break (Appletinis or equivalent)! About to go kill my darlings. Wish me luck.
JingleBells View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JingleBells Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:11pm
Well mine's in and I can't stay for an Appletini, I'm afraid.  Straight back to work.  It was intense. I pulled mystery for the second time in a row,  and while the prompts were good, it was draining coming up with a new set of clues,  suspects and red herrings.  
How long before they'll let us post to the forum for this round? I've never made it this far before,  so I'm keen to read the stories. 
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:12pm
Within 72 hours they'll confirm all the entries have been received and we can start uploading.
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
LeonaAnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonaAnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:17pm
Where do I go to find the submittable section? I’m worried about this too and I’m new. Thank you
LeonaAnn
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:19pm
In and done.  I like this story this round, which means the judges will most likely hate it Wink
patsy View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote patsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by LeonaAnn LeonaAnn wrote:

Where do I go to find the submittable section? I’m worried about this too and I’m new. Thank you

You set up a submittable account in order to post your story.  Go to their site, log in and you'll find a record of all your submissions.  
Drib View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:28pm
Damn, that was hard. 

Still, done now.

Appletini? Thanks, but I think I need some straight whiskey.

Bottoms up!Beer
Seacore View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Addict
NYC Midnight Addict

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seacore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
I wonder how many will be posted up to read. The ratio seemed low in round 1.
SSC R2 H2 -Jetsam
SSC R1 H128 - Truth and Fire
SLK43 View Drop Down
NYC Midnight Black Belt
NYC Midnight Black Belt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SLK43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2019 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by Random Random wrote:

Originally posted by Seacore Seacore wrote:

Originally posted by Cosima Cosima wrote:

but I did the best I could with a weird set of prompts.

Yes, I think my heat definitely got the more straight forward of the two thriller prompts.

In an hour or two I'll check the assignments and realize I got my eyes crossed and just wrote a story for some other heat...

Big smile

Wash your mouth out with appletini! Now you've given me something else to worry about!...Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>